Job category: Donor recruitment, fundraising and sales
Job posting ID: 3133
Employment status: Regular full-time
Classification: PTS/MGT/IT B
Salary grade: Grade 7
Salary/Rate of pay: Starting from $63,600 to $75,525
Application deadline: 2022/06/10
This position is open to: Internal and External applicants
Somewhere in Canada there's a life you can save.
Be part of a dynamic, collaborative and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. Thousands of Canadians depend on us every day for reliable access to blood, plasma, stem cells and organs and tissues.
Join Canada's Lifeline and make a meaningful difference every day.
About the role
Canadian Blood Services is looking for a Regular Full-Time Community Development Manager to join our dynamic Donor Relations team in Kelowna. In this role you will be responsible for generating and identifying leads, building a pipeline of potential donors, building relationships, and ensuring the growth and maintenance of a high quality, committed donor base. You will also be responsible for community engagement and maintaining a good public image for the donation centres to ensure there is ongoing public support.
Key responsibilities include:
Business Development Planning
- Organizes and conducts information sessions/recruitment presentations to specific target groups, based on research into the community and its demographics
- Responsible for finding and engaging with new donors through referrals, networking, and prospecting
Donor Experience Initiatives and Metrics
- Seeks ways to continuously improve donor experience as well as meet and surpass feedback goals with the donor centre leadership team
- Works closely with Regional Program Manager and Public Affairs team to implement recruitment strategies to support donor experience and retention
Event Coordination & Recruitment Activities
- Accountable for site management activities including contacts, floorplans, capacity, inspections, and event changes by utilizing established change management processes
- Provides support for promotions, digital content, themes and campaigns while working closely with the Regional Program Manager
- Responsible for summer student program including program application, engagement of students, recruitment, and support where applicable
Manages and Builds Relationships
- Develops and maintains positive and collaborative working relationships with other leaders across the organization, and specifically with the Integrated Supply Chain within the Region
- Act as a media spokesperson when required
Degree in marketing or business administration is preferred
- Minimum three (3) years' experience in management sales, account management, or corporate development
- A record of success closing opportunities and a strong desire to succeed
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills; comfortable public speaking to various sizes of audiences
- Solid background in the successful management and delivery of multifaceted projects
- Access to a reliable vehicle and a valid driver's license is required
- Competitive base salary
- Annual Performance Award up to 6%
- 4 weeks of paid vacation to start
- Comprehensive group, health and vision benefits
- Choice of defined contribution or defined benefits pension plan
- Employee discounts, wellness program, and professional advancement opportunities
Diversity and inclusion play a vital role in ensuring health equity for patients across Canada. We are committed to reflecting Canada's population in our organization and fostering an environment where all employees can be their authentic selves, with equal opportunities to succeed and contribute.
To protect the health and safety of its employees, all Canadian Blood Services' employees are required to be fully vaccinated (COVID-19 vaccine doses as approved by Health Canada), subject to any medical or other human rights grounds.
If this role resonates with you, we encourage you to apply! This could be your first step towards a meaningful and inspiring career. Come to work each day knowing that you save lives.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those considered for an interview or those invited to participate in an assessment (such as testing) will be contacted. Applicants who require accommodation should discuss their needs with us.