A three-time SABRE Canadian Agency of the Year winner (2015, 2016, 2019) North has achieved unprecedented success since launching in 2011. North disrupts the industry with its approach to PR, influencer, social and digital, establishing itself as a Canadian agency leader.
Where other agencies begin to stagnate, North has found the sweet spot between boutique and large agency: this ?nine-year-old start-up' is running on fresh momentum.
What's the secret? While a slew of major new clients are tapping the team for their unique blend of expertise, many of North's "OG" clients are expanding their work with the agency, fuelling organic growth.
We're an agency all about taking risks, thinking big and a true belief that good ideas can come from anywhere.
(And yes, the rumours are true: North is a "No timesheet agency").
North is looking to add an Account Director, PR & Influencer Marketing to their team. As an Account Director, PR & Influencer Marketing, you will be working as part of an account team on a fast-paced technology client helping to develop and deliver strategic, creative client programs from start to finish. You will be responsible for not only securing, maintaining and growing the business but also working to build, grow and lead an existing team to tell the client's story and relentlessly pursue the best ROI and brand outcomes possible. With a focus on executing flawlessly and developing client relationships, an essential ingredient of your success is to critically think, under tight timelines and pressure to mitigate brand risk, while also standing out. Collaborating and partnering with a number of internal and external stakeholders, as well as other client agency partners, you will help drive smart, disruptive and unique ideas.
- We're looking for a passionate team player with an entrepreneurial spirit who can pair strong creative, strategic thinking and organizational abilities. You love to live at the intersection of data, engaging creative and a consumer or societal trend to create cross-channel media strategies for our clients.
- A successful candidate will have 8-12 years of Public Relations experience, ideally within agency, developing broadly integrated marketing strategy
Some of the amazing work you'll do
- Client and Project Management - Working as part of an account team on a fast-paced technology client, developing and supporting PR and social media communication deliverables to meet client objectives, across all media mediums. Includes strong client management, trend watching and sharing across teams and clients, budget development and management, event planning and management where appropriate.
- Superior Writing and Editing Capabilities - Drafting and editing media materials including editorial pieces, media advisories, press releases, fact sheets and briefing books. Strong writing skills are required.
- Media Savvy - Written and verbal outreach with media contacts; strong relationships with retail and business media is required
- Critical and Strategic Thinking - To support the development of innovative campaigns you'll consistently bring to the table common sense, critical thinking and insights for your client which maximize the ROI of any campaign - big or small.
- Integrated Campaign Leadership - Oversee fully integrated communications including social media and digital programs for existing and new clients, as well as working with and managing multiple agency integrated teams.
- Industry Knowledge and Curiosity - Demonstrate an understanding of how social/digital and online community engagement integrates into a complete communications program, as well as a curiosity for sharing emerging trends and their impact on Communication programs. Recognize key client industry issues relating to products, product categories, technologies, primary and potential competition and general issues facing the industry.
- Coaching, Mentorship and Contributing to Agency Culture - As a senior lead you will have the ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment and consistently contribute to North's inclusive culture and high-performing team as a coach and mentor.
- Commitment to Organizational Goals - identify organic growth opportunities within existing accounts and successfully grow current accounts, as well as collaboration with the senior executive team to appropriately forecast (on-going and quarterly), meet profitability and revenue targets.
Our successful candidate will possess some of the following attributes below. This is just a starting point - if you feel you don't meet the suggested experience and/or skills, we still encourage you to apply!
Who you are:
- Post-graduate diploma in Public Relations, Corporate Communications or related discipline
- 8 - 12 years' experience in an agency environment
- Consumer, lifestyle, retail and hospitality communications experience; Corporate communications experience is an asset
- Deep understanding of PR, influencer and social media best practices and programs
- Strong media relationships across business, retail and consumer lifestyle
- Exceptional client management skills
- Excellent communication skills, dynamic, team player, excellent time management and organizational skills and is detail-oriented
- An understanding of integrated earned and social media campaign needs related to platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. is an asset
- Proven track record of building high performance teams and adding value to company culture in a meaningful way
- Inter-agency experience working with advertising, digital, sponsorship, research and media buying companies to ensure all campaigns are fully integrated and agency relationships are nurtured
- Crisis communications experience including media training of key spokespeople is an asset
What we're offering:
- Meaningful work where you can have a direct impact working on some of the biggest brands out there!
- A culture of entrepreneurship, creativity, growth and collaboration.
- Work with top talent at an award-winning agency.
- A focused commitment to career development and personal success - let us help you!
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package including substantial time off policies (like really. It's a big deal).
- Oh, and did we mention the perks?! Parental leave top-up program; annual summer offsites; regular social events; teams and clubs; and weekly Pilates just to name a few #workperks.
- All staff meetings so you're always in the know.
To apply for this position, click "I'm Interested" and easily submit your resume. Note that only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you very much for your interest in working at North Strategic. We look forward to meeting you!
North Strategic is committed workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.