Assistant Manager - Community Inclusion, Nanaimo BC
Position Type: Full time (40 hours)
Wage: To be determined
Position Start Date: June 20, 2022
Our Nanaimo Community Inclusion Program is looking for a full time Assistant Manager. This 40 hrs. position includes front line support and administrative tasks in collaboration with the CI Program Manager.
The selected candidate will receive in-depth management training and support during their transition into the position.
We are looking for a candidate who is a compassionate, fun, dynamic and flexible. An energetic team player who can manager a group of team members while supporting Adults in our Community Inclusion program. This position reports directly to the Program Manager.
Our Nanaimo Inclusion program offers support through the PSI (Personal Support Initiatives) and DD (Developmental Disability) streams within CLBC (Community Living British Columbia). Within those streams, CLBC will link each person with a set number of hours directed towards one or a combination of the following: Community Inclusion, Outreach, Skill Development, Employment, Host Agency and/or IF services through CLBC. These programs are personalized to the individuals needs and goals.
These supports include, but are not limited to:
- Life Skills Training
- Educational Support
- Vocational Assistance
- Recreational Opportunities
- Social Integration
- Employment Readiness Support
Skills and Abilities
- The desire and ability to work with persons with diverse-abilities and demonstrated personal suitability to promote dignity, independence, individuality
- Ability to work independently
- Provide a strong leadership to team and adults receiving support
- Be organized and able to work in high stress environment
- Show a high standard of professionalism
- Support individuals to communicate needs, choices and preferences, and to support the use of inclusive and adaptive communication strategies
- Support and participate in initial individual intake process.
- Advocate and promote respectful treatment of individuals and defend individual rights, accounting for each individual's unique personalities and challenges.
- Ensure that the individual's legal rights and dignity are respected and adhered to always.
- Ensure individuals are treated respectfully, demonstrating a high degree of tolerance for adults with unique personalities and challenges.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Uphold the Policies and Procedures of Bonaventure Support Services while modelling our Mission Statement, Values and Code of Ethics.
- Promote health and safety of the individuals and your team, creating a safe, trusting environment
- Implement appropriate plans based on the Individuals needs
- Communicate and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team
- Observe, document, and communicate verbally and through report writing
- Medication monitoring
- Maintain financial records for the program
- Assist in Share Vision case management duties (goals, risk Assessments ect)
- Monitoring and assisting with the following: personal and health care, behavioral, nutritional, recreation/social/education/vocational needs, environmental, financial, communication and team management.
Qualifications and Required Documentation:
- Must be 19+ years of age
- Proof of COVID-19 Full Vaccination or Exemption (Both COVID-19 Immunization Record Card and QR code Vaccine Passport)
- Valid BC Class 5 Drivers License
- Clean Drivers Abstract
- Physician's Certificate of Good Health
- TB Screen
- 3 Reference Checks
- First Aid Valid Certification with CPR
- Level 1 Food Safe Valid Certification
- Immunization Declaration
- Criminal Record Check Clearance
- Education and/or experience working with vulnerable population, or people with challenging behaviors. (ECE, CYC, CSW, SW, SIVA, etc.)