School Administrative Assistant (ACES)
South Shore Regional Centre for Education
The South Shore Regional Centre for Education (SSRCE) practices the culturally responsive pedagogy approach in providing an inclusive, diverse, equitable, safe and healthy education that supports learning and success both personally and academically to the 59,000 residents of Lunenburg and Queens Counties, an area of 5,250 square kilometres and a total of 23 schools.
Regional Centres for Education have Employment Equity Policies and/or processes and we actively encourage applications from under-represented groups, particularly people of African Nova Scotian, African Canadian and African ancestry and Mi'kmaw/Indigenous ancestry. Please ensure that you complete the self-identification portion on the position application.
School Adminstrative Assistant
Aspotogan Consolidated Elementary School
Permanent Position at 7 hrs/day
May 31/22 at 11:59pm
- Completion of Grade 12 and a community college administrative assistant program, or equivalent
- Related experience in a public office (preferably in education)
- Accurate word processing, bookkeeping and spreadsheet skills, attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure with deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Ability to communicate courteously and effectively with the public
- Excellent filing, word processing and reception skills
- Self Starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Persistence, assertiveness, confidentiality
- Team player, committed to promoting quality service
Prepares correspondence for school administration and staff and circulates as required.
Maintains accurate school accounts and prepares timely payroll, human resource, and student records reports, for example:
- Submitting regular summary report of staff absences and substitute employees
- Inputting student information for computerized student information systems and generates reports as required by school administration
- Reconciling orders, processes funds received and balances accounts for various school accounts
Provides clerical support to school administration, for example:
- Maintaining an up-to date schedule of room and facility bookings
- Collating morning announcements
- Scheduling parent-teacher interviews
- Taking incoming calls from parents and the public and directs them to the appropriate staff.
- Initiating process to notify parents of early dismissals
- Submitting maintenance and technology work requests electronically
- Coordinating yearly school/classroom bulk supply order
Provides supportive services directly to students.
- Complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Thank you for your interest in the South Shore Regional Centre for Education, however, only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Job Segment: Secretary, Clerical, Administrative Assistant, Administrative