A DIGITAL house
IS YOUR domain .
Closing: Until Filled
Location: Edmonton South
You are a skilled leader in a digital space. You have the outstanding ability to communicate technical information in a fashion that is more understandable and useful to all users. It is second nature for you to drive advancement across tactical marketing programs including display advertising, Pay per click, search engine optimization, marketing automation, conversion rate optimization, analytics and funnel optimization.
As the AMA Marketing Operations Team Lead, you will be the senior practitioner within the digital marketing team who is qualified in all technical marketing tactics including, display advertising, search engine optimization, marketing automation, analytics and funnel optimization. You will lead your team in contributing to and ensuring the successful execution of the team's tactical marketing objectives.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You are highly skilled at being able to synthesize data from multiple channels to understand and triage digital marketing performance.
- You always strive to find the best, most innovative solution.
- You love the idea of working cooperatively with the marketing development team to implement technical changes in support of the advancement of marketing operations tactical programs.
- You strive to coach your team on marketing operation principles, theories and practices and lead the team to a culture of continual improvement.
- You are driven to build and foster a customer centric mindset focused on improving marketing and communication initiatives through in-depth research and accomplishing extensive testing.
- You love rolling up your sleeves and digging into the details and helping your team out in a crunch.
- You're energetic, collaborative, and motivated to foster the team culture.
- You handle even the tightest deadlines with a cool head and clear vision.
- You love to mentor and share your knowledge with your team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Report to the Manager, Digital Member Experience
- Collaborate with the Manager, Digital Member Experience to define the goals and objectives of the tactical programs supporting our marketing strategies.
- Work in partnership with subject matter experts and business leaders to discover, capture and assess requirements as required to successfully execute strategic initiatives.
- Provide qualified advice to the Manager, Digital Member Experience to assist in preparation of marketing strategic plans.
- Act as the primary contact for digital marketing campaigns from development to deployment on ama.ab.ca.
- Ensure best practices and standard processes are adopted and leveraged within the team.
- Lead development of the individual strategic plans for all initiated programs including but not limited to, display advertising, search engine optimization, marketing automation, analytics and funnel optimization.
- Define metrics and KPIs to measure and track the success of digital marketing initiatives.
- Coordinate with product owners, other developers, and business users through the project life cycle.
- Provide marketing leadership through coaching and mentorship to your team.
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- You're highly skilled with display advertising, search engine optimization, marketing automation, analytics and funnel optimization with experience in A/B Testing and conversion rate optimization
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills required to convey abstract concepts, prepare briefing documents for agencies to aid in the development of creative and deliver presentations to senior management on effectiveness of technical marketing programs.
- Prior lead or supervisory experience would be considered an asset.
- A University degree or a college diploma in a related field such as Computer Science, Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related experience.
- Minimum of 3 years applied and progressive experience in digital marketing, including display advertising, PPC, search engine optimization, marketing automation, conversion rate optimization, analytics and funnel optimization.
- You have extensive analytical skills and ability to take vast amounts of data to analyze and make strategic business decisions.
- You really understand the journey of a hit from client-side to report.
- Database (SQL, TSQL, Oracle), data layer experience would be considered an asset.
- You'll get bonus points if you have experience with:
- React, Node.js
- Full web stack (HTTP, cookies, caching, browser rendering)
- Developing data-backed applications using a combination of REST, GraphQL, NoSQL and RDBMS technologies
- AWS experience
- C#, .NET Core
- Ruby, Ruby on Rails
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Defined Pension Plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid vacation and floater day.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.