Location: Toronto (currently remote, eventually hybrid)
Start date: June 2022
Find a job that lets your imagination run wild!
WildBrain is made up of a team of innovators and creators who bring industry-leading kids' content and brands to families globally. We inspire imagination, put creativity first, and believe in the power of storytelling. We are constantly connecting the powers of our global team, making WildBrain a collaborative, open-minded and passionate environment to work in.
To work at WildBrain means you get to create stories that lets imaginations run wild. Join our team today to become part of the story!
Reporting to the Director, Corporate & Trade Marketing, the Graphic Designer (Junior) will bring WildBrain's visual brand identity to life with effective marketing materials for the business. In this role you will work closely and grow with your graphic designer colleagues as well as various MarCom (marketing & communications) leads on a wide variety of creative projects that support all areas of business across the company including corporate, distribution, production, and communications.
The role is best suited for a creative and organized individual who thrives on collaborating with different teams and expanding their knowledge of graphic design.Responsibilities :
What You'll Do:
- Assist marketing leads in the creative production of pitch decks, series key art, sales collateral, and other trade marketing materials
- Contribute creative concepts and provide support from early stages of conceptualization to execution
- Build existing artwork to fit various platforms/dimensions (both digital and print assets)
- Assist in the development of trade advertising creative across multiple businesses
- Develop asset templates to ensure brand consistency across multiple platforms
- Update and maintain creative asset inventory on internal drives
- Ensure all creative follows the WildBrain brand guidelines
- Other design work that supports the business, as requested Qualifications:
What You'll Bring:
- Prior entry level/junior Design work experience
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Understanding of typography, illustration, composition and color theory
- Ability to conceptualize and execute campaigns for multiple mediums including print and digital
- Experience in presentation design (PowerPoint)
- Digital video, animation, and motions graphics experience a plus, but not required
- Must be a team player who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Must be comfortable following direction and implementing changes, while balancing strong design and tight deadlines
What We Offer
Working at WildBrain is more than a job - it's the opportunity to join forces with extraordinary, insightful and imaginative people who will recognize your talents and encourage your professional growth and development in a work environment that promotes creativity and individuality. We offer competitive family-focused benefits, we invest in our people and their future with generous RRSP matching, plus bonus time-off, because you deserve it!
Diversity and Inclusion are in our DNA. As a global leader in kids and family entertainment, we strive to reflect and honour the diversity of our audiences around the world. We believe that creating diverse and inclusive content & brands begins with fostering a culture of belonging at WildBrain. To us, a culture of belonging is one where we celebrate and welcome the diversity of all employees, stakeholders, and external partners and strive to create an environment where every individual feels valued, respected, and brings their authentic self to work.
We demonstrate our commitment to this by striving to provide a supportive work environment and a corporate culture that welcomes and encourages equal opportunities for all employees. We recognize that people bring experience and talent that goes beyond the technical skills and requirements of a job. If you possess similar experience that is close to what we've listed here, we encourage you to please still consider applying. We strongly believe that diverse experience, transferable skills, and passion are key! WildBrain accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.
At WildBrain we make great content for kids and families. With approximately 13,000 half-hours of filmed entertainment in our library - one of the world's most extensive - we are home to such brands as Peanuts, Teletubbies, Strawberry Shortcake, Caillou, Inspector Gadget, Johnny Test and Degrassi. Our shows are seen in more than 150 countries on over 500 telecasters and streaming platforms. WildBrain's portfolio spans all areas of the entertainment industry: WildBrain Studios, where we develop and produce hit animated and live actions series; WildBrain Television, which is composed of prominent kids' television channels in Canada (Family Channel, Family CHRGD, Family Jr. and Télémagino); home to Peanuts Worldwide; brand management to some of the world's most-loved kids brands; celebrated global licensing and distribution teams with WildBrain CPLG, and a leading children's YouTube network in WildBrain Spark, one of the largest networks of kids' channels on YouTube, with over 168 million subscribers.
WildBrain is headquartered in Canada with offices worldwide and trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: WILD). Visit wildbrain.com to learn more!