find your place at park hyatt toronto: Be a part of something bigger. Make a difference in the lives of those around you. Love where you work. Join a family that values respect, integrity, humility, empathy, creativity and fun. At Hyatt, diversity, equity and inclusion are at the core of our purpose, to care for people, so they can be their best.
Be part of the team bringing in a new era of a Toronto legacy hotel. Recently renovated with striking architecture, art and bespoke culinary experiences, Park Hyatt Toronto offers sophisticated, approachable luxury with distinct character highlighting our Yorkville location.
WHAT ARE THE ADDITIONAL BENEFITS of WORKING AT THE park hyatt toronto?
- Complimentary meal during shift
- Paid medical days
- Employer RRSP Matching Contributions
- Complimentary hotel nights and discounts at Hyatt properties around the world
- Extended Health and Dental medical benefits for you and your dependents 30 days after joining
- Eligible to participate in the Hyatt Sales Incentive Plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
About the Role - Event Sales Manager _ Social & Weddings
The ideal candidate will be passionate about social event planning and committed to educating themselves on current food & beverage trends. Park Hyatt Toronto is dedicated to maintaining the highest reputation within our industry and the Event Sales Manager must be able to sell and keep that promise for the property with genuine care.
This position reports to the Director of Events and is held accountable for quarterly sales goals for the property.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Conduct site inspections for prospecting clients.
- Draft and submit the sales contract to a client for review, approval and payment.
- Report progress of catering sales to the Director of Events as applicable.
- Ensure operational compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving.
- Coordinate with Food and Beverage Department such as the food preparation and banquet room set-ups to ensure they can meet scheduled catering service.
- Investigate and resolve challenges regarding food quality or service.
- Be responsible for soliciting new catering accounts, and entertaining and maintaining relationships with existing accounts.
- Represent the hotel by conducting site visits, negotiating and making proposals, detailing events, and ensuring that each client is executed successfully.
- Achieve catering services by contributing information; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, quality, and customer service standards; identifying and resolving problems, and completing post-function production reports.
- Respond and qualify all incoming inquiries for weddings and social events;
- Coordinate and host site visits, menu tastings and other client meetings;
- On the client's journey from booking process to event execution and follow up;
- Manage contracts, room blocks, floor plans, BEOs, event pre-planning timelines, forms and payments;
- Develop strong client relationships to encourage referrals;
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with event suppliers;
- Meet (and exceed!) revenue targets for designated market;
- Participate in sales meetings, prepare and present individual activities and pace reports;
- Work closely with hotel operations to prepare and deliver flawless events;
- Stay current with industry trends and know the competitive landscape;
- Plan and attend various wedding shows;
- Work with the Director of Events to continuously improve offers and stay competitive.
- A passion for weddings, events and hospitality;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a performance-driven mindset;
- Highly organized with a keen eye for detail;
- A willingness to do whatever it takes to satisfy clients;
- Ability to develop relationships with individuals at all levels, from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment;
- Adaptable and at ease with managing priorities;
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer and systems savvy
- Degree in hospitality, event planning or other related field preferred but not required;
- Proven wedding or event experience required;
- Ability to work a varying schedule (weekends, evenings, holidays).
All Candidates must be in possession of identification proving authorization to work in Canada. This Position does not offer sponsorship of Work Visas. Resumes submitted that cannot fulfill these requirements will not be considered.