We come to work every day to make the world a better place.
About the Organization
We're helping people build a better world through efficiency-starting in our own province. Our role is to inform and motivate Nova Scotians to use less energy, use it smarter, and enjoy the good things efficiency brings. Not only are we deeply committed to climate change, but we are also a multi-year winner of Canada's Greenest Employers and Atlantic Canada's Top Employers.
Our work has achieved more than $1.4 billion in energy savings and contributed over 20% of Nova Scotia's GHG emission reductions since 2011. We're passionate about ensuring that all Nova Scotians have equal access to our programs and understand that energy efficiency can help serve our communities and promote a socially equitable energy future. Find out more about how we are making an impact here: https://www.efficiencyone.ca/impact/
We are incredibly proud of our achievements and know one of the driving forces behind our success is our people, our values, and the behaviors we commit to every day as part of our culture.
If you want to be part of an organization that has an ambitious plan to support the transition to net-zero by 2050, and helps to build a thriving, resilient future for Nova Scotians - then you belong here!
If you are ambitious, curious, and hard-working, this is an exciting opportunity for you to join EfficiencyOne a multi-year winner of Canada's Greenest Employers and Atlantic Canada's Top Employers.
We are seeking a Marketing Specialist with campaign and lead generation experience to be responsible for EfficiencyOne's marketing and communication activities. Under the leadership of the Manager, Marketing Strategy & Customer Experience, you will be a key pillar of our marketing team, shaping strategy and tactics, and coordinating efforts with our programs and business development teams.
A snapshot of what you will be involved with:
- Play a key role in strategic planning and executing marketing plans for Efficiency Nova Scotia programs and services, as well as corporate marketing initiatives.
- Lead and execute media plans on time and on a budget in collaboration with external agency partners.
- Manage plans and budgets for assigned programs including tracking and managing milestones, providing status updates, facilitating marketing requests
- Develop marketing campaigns, collateral, and tools, and through effective collaboration with marketing team members, external design agencies, PR firms, web partners, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for budgeting and invoices - may include preparing, tracking, and processing invoices, and updating budget and forecasts.
- Manage email campaigns including strategy, content development, obtaining feedback, and working in Sales Force Marketing Cloud
Skills & Attributes:
- Ability to take on new opportunities and challenges, with a passion to continue to develop and grow
- Proficient with all MS Office applications (including Teams)
- Experience in Salesforce Marketing Cloud and WordPress is an asset
- A commitment to quality and investing in results that add value and drive the business
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills and have experience leading, inspiring, and motivating a team to achieve results
- Ability to prioritize deliverables and work independently or within a team
Experience & Education:
- Minimally 5 years of related experience in a role with a similar level of responsibility; experience working with or in a marketing agency and/or utility or energy industry would be an asset.
- University degree or community college equivalent in marketing, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience working on a strategic marketing team focused on project management, and campaign execution supporting a large team
Why you'll love working here:
- A culture that understands there is life outside of work and cares about their employees
- An engaging, fun, and inclusive work environment
- Awesome benefits that start on day one
- Wellness initiatives and fitness challenges hosted throughout the year
- Hybrid office model with the opportunity to work remotely
- Corporate gym memberships
- Career growth and professional development opportunities
- Being part of a team and contributing to Nova Scotia's goal of 2050 net-zero carbon
What to expect in your first several weeks on the job:
In the first week, expect to:
- Meet the marketing team, go through the training and onboarding process by meeting with other departments, learning about Efficiency Nova Scotia
- Meet our Agency Partners and get familiar with current brands and campaigns
- Training on software - Basecamp, SharePoint, Fresh Ticket
- Training and time to read marketing plan and work plan.
In the first month, expect to:
- Assigned projects with the goal to get familiar with programs, campaigns, and marketing plans.
- Working with Agency Partners and executing marketing plan campaigns and projects.
- Working closely with Marketing Lead to train and learn how to execute projects.
- Work closely with Program Managers to learn the program and projects.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Participate in Annual Marketing Plan meetings.
- Participate in team meetings and agency partner meetings.
- Execute strategic marketing campaigns including traditional media and email campaigns including working with agency partners, processing feedback, and approvals.
- Execute smaller production projects including form updates, website updates, and campaigns.
- Managing budget forecast and approving invoices.
- Producing reports of completed projects, and upcoming projects including creative snapshots, timelines, and results.
- Collaborating with the Outreach team, social media Team, and Program Managers
EfficiencyOne is committed to fostering a culture that is supportive and values others, one that is grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, persons of minority sexual orientations, and gender identities.