Company: Harlequin Enterprises ULC
Department: Direct to Consumer, Harlequin Brand Group
Reporting To: Senior Manager, Business Analysis
Status: Regular Full Time
Location: 22 Adelaide Street West, Toronto
(Hybrid work environment - Minimum 2 days/month working in the office)
We celebrate and support the differences that make each of us unique, striving to create a welcoming workplace that ensures everyone has a voice and is able to do their best work. We welcome all applicants, including those who identify with groups that are traditionally underrepresented in the publishing industry including, but not limited to, Black, Indigenous, people of colour, members of the LGBTQIA2S+ community, and persons with disabilities. Join us, and share your story.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the Harlequin Brand Group Marketing Teams. You will focus on profit and loss analysis, forecasting, budgeting and marketing reports. In this role you will work closely with your manager and all Marketing departments (subscriber acquisition / churn / incremental value) to ensure accurate interpretation and analysis of marketing results.Responsibilities :
Profit and Loss Analysis (60%)
- Responsible for profit and loss analysis to support Direct-to-Consumer strategic decisions for programs, such as subscriber acquisition, loyalty, incremental value opportunities.
- Review results and identify significant trends. Identify and investigate any issues with performance.
- Present clear and concise results to internal teams, senior management.
- Review and ensure accuracy of data
Business Analysis (20%)
- Responsible for rollout recommendations based on test results, outlining risks and potential opportunities.
- Recommend investment decisions drawing on underlying trends, exceptions, variance and appropriate benchmarks, for example budget, forecasts and historical data.
- Work with customer segmentation data to identify which sub-segments would be the most profitable and what would be the best contact strategy.
- Responsible for forecasting financial budgets for direct mail, online and alternate media campaigns for submission to Finance by pre-established deadlines. Includes forecast for orders, media source expenditures, subscriber retention and payment metrics for each channel, by offer, by product.
- Responsible for forecasts and analysis required as input to inventory planning for books, premiums and marketing materials. Qualifications:
Specific training or job experience required includes:
- University (Business/Commerce) Degree
- 2+ Years of related experience an asset
- Capable of delivering a high level of accuracy and being detail-oriented
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- High degree of written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization skills and ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines
- Proven computer skills: MS Excel/Visual Basics, Google Analytics, Data Studios
What's in It For You?
The opportunity to be part of a company on the leading edge of publishing, working with a very talented team and exceptional books
- Summer Hours from late May to early September
- Remote work, flexible start/stop times
- Paid time off days and vacation allotment, starting at three weeks (prorated based on start date)
- Flexible benefit plans to fit your needs and pension matching
- Various virtual social activities to keep you connected - we love trivia!
- Virtual author events and access to discounted books
- Working with passionate people!
About HarperCollins Canada and Harlequin
Harlequin is a leading publisher of commercial fiction and narrative nonfiction. We publish more than 100 titles a month that reach audiences globally. Encompassing highly recognizable imprints that span a broad number of genres, we are home to many award-winning New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling authors. Harlequin is a division of HarperCollins Publishers, the second-largest consumer book publisher in the world. Through HarperCollins's global publishing program, Harlequin titles are published in 17 countries and 16 languages.
Known worldwide for the quality of its list, HarperCollins Canada is the proud home of many bestselling and award-winning authors, including Esi Edugyan, Heather O'Neill, and Lawrence Hill. It is our vision to publish the best books of our generation and to work with authors over the length and breadth of their careers. Our authors are at the centre of everything we do. In addition to the Canadian publishing program, HarperCollins Canada is responsible for the sales, marketing, and publicity of HarperCollins titles from around the globe.
HarperCollins Canada and Harlequin are Equal Opportunity Employers committed to equal employment opportunities. Employment decisions are based on job requirements and the skills, knowledge, and experience of the candidate, regardless of any other factors unrelated to job performance. We are also committed to ensuring that the accessibility needs of candidates and employees are considered and accommodated during the recruitment process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.