DIGITAL MARKETING SPECIALIST- Social and Email
**this position can be located remote in ON**
Who is a Digital Marketing Specialist- Social and Email?
This role will help build and maintain the brand's online community and public perception via proactive engagement across social media. This role will engage with audiences across all active social channels to deepen the relationship with existing followers, and implement growth tactics to reach new users and grow social channel following. This role will inspire and leverage community commerce, converting users into brand advocates and identifying key creators, influencers and ambassadors for the brand. This role will share audience insights back to the social and digital teams, and identify opportunities to better entertain and engage and integrate our audiences in content and creative, to ultimately support company goals and campaigns.
This role will assist with development of email campaigns that support the brand and business unit goals and initiatives. This role will assist in developing email templates and consistent key messaging, and developing content and creative for email activations that support the brand and sub-brands goals and objectives.
What will you be doing?
- Grow and foster the brand's online community across social media channels through proactive engagement on owned and earned mentions, as well as industry and culturally relevant online conversations.
- Help develop and implement channel-by-channel growth tactics to reach new audiences and grow followers
- Monitor, and engage with inbound comments, messages and brand mentions across social media channels
- Actively researching and identifying relevant trends, hot topics and industry developments for the brand
- Engage in those relevant conversations across social media to showcase brand values, personality and thought leadership
- Demonstrate an authentic brand social presence and open the feedback loop with Members
- Source branded user generated content by monitoring brand tags and requesting authorization for use
- Communicate and assist Member Experience Department with brand escalations and engagement tactics, to ensure seamless experience for users
- Provide creative ideas and audience insights to social and digital teams for content and creative that supports company goals and campaigns
- Share opportunities to source and use existing user generated content across channels in support of monthly or seasonal goals and campaigns
- Identify opportunities to integrate audience engagement tactics and strategies in active campaigns
- Develop creative ideas and tactics to inspire social sharing among members and drive brand advocacy
- Identify and share key creators, influencers, brand advocates and ambassadors across social channels
- Pitch content and creative that addresses the wants and needs of audiences identified through active listening
- Monitor and report on channel engagement and growth on a quarterly basis to ensure continual channel growth and engagement strategy evolution over time.
- Develop and present regular reports of engagement changes month-over-month and year-over-year
- Provide an overview of sentiment of both earned and owned engagement and brand mentions
- Populate list of most engaged users across channels - top advocates and top detractors
- Report on key themes, topics and conversations surrounding the brand online and on social media with insights on implications to social media strategy and brand reputation
- Provide takeaways and recommended action items to positively impact engagement quality, sentiment and follower growth
- Plan, develop and deploy effective emails and email campaigns that support business initiatives and projects, ensuring consistent branding and key messaging.
- Meet with key internal stakeholders to identify business unit goals and upcoming projects and initiatives that require email support
- Develop effective email support strategy to support business unit goals and requests, and provide recommendations and timelines back to key stakeholders
- Work with any other necessary internal stakeholders to gather assets (i.e., Audience lists, website links, offers, content, disclaimers etc.)
- Ideate and develop tactical execution of email(s), write content, copy and headlines
- Work with designers on development of email designs and templates
- Deploy, monitor and provide reporting on final, approved email and A/B tests
Do you have what it takes?
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years minimum relevant experience or Digital marketing experience in marketing communications, community management, PR, copywriting or content marketing
- Strong knowledge of major social media platforms, both paid and organic (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Experience using SMM tools (Sprinklr Hootsuite etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to identify and track relevant community KPIs
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of social media trends and consumer expectations per channel
- Understanding of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.
- Working knowledge of email marketing practices
What's in it for you
- Ongoing training and development to ensure a long and successful career path
- Career advancement opportunities
- Competitive Total Rewards Package
- FREE Fitness membership
- Fun and energetic atmosphere to come to every day!
At GoodLife Fitness, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and members feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. We are committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a manner that respects their dignity and that is equitable.