Forbes includes U of G Among Canada's Best Employers
Professional and Managerial Group
Director, Integrated & Internal Communications
Communications & Marketing
Hiring #: 2022-0335
Please read the Application Instructions before applying
An exciting opportunity for an experienced integrated and strategic professional to join the Communications & Marketing team and lead the university-wide strategic internal communications that support the senior leadership team's vision and institutional priorities, which are guided by the university's Strategic Framework. The ideal candidate will facilitate collaboration, alignment and integration across the decentralized communications and marketing landscape, including all seven colleges and key units, especially Student Affairs and student-led initiatives that affect or could potentially affect, the University's operations, services and reputation.
This is a new role, reporting to the Associate Vice-President (Communications & Marketing) and working closely with the Vice-President (External), the Executive Director of Issues & External Communications, Director of Digital Engagement and Marketing, and the Director of Government Relations.
Critical to the incumbent's success will be his/her ability to lead the planning and development of high-value institutional materials and the development and delivery of the University's key messages centrally and in support of priority institutional initiatives. The Director, Integrated and Internal Communications, works collaboratively with other directors in the Communications and Marketing Department, providing an internal and integrated lens to efforts across the department.
To be considered for the role of Director, Integrated and Internal Communications candidates must have:
- An Undergraduate degree, preferably a graduate certificate in Public Affairs or Corporate Communications combined with several years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expertise in developing and implementing communications plans
- Expertise in strategy development and executive communications
- Knowledge of internal issues management
- Expertise in internal and corporate communications
- Expertise in executive communications
- Must clearly exhibit proven ability in meeting tight deadlines with competing priorities
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience in developing and producing e-newsletters
- Expertise in social media and traditional media
- Experience in project management
- Experience in video production
- Advanced proficiency using Word, Excel, Power Point
To learn more about this opportunity, please connect with Sarah Lima, HR Director (Talent Acquisition) at (519) 824-4120 ext. 56495 or via Isarta
Position Number 390-047
Professional/Managerial Salary Bands
*Tentative evaluation; subject to committee review.
At the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.
Posting Date: 2022 05 19
Closing Date: 2022 05 26