find your place at park hyatt toronto: Be a part of something bigger. Make a difference in the lives of those around you. Love where you work. Join a family that values respect, integrity, humility, empathy, creativity and fun. At Hyatt, diversity, equity and inclusion are at the core of our purpose, to care for people, so they can be their best.
Be part of the team bringing in a new era of a Toronto legacy hotel. Recently renovated with striking architecture, art and bespoke culinary experiences, Park Hyatt Toronto offers sophisticated, approachable luxury with distinct character highlighting our Yorkville location.
WHAT ARE THE ADDITIONAL BENEFITS of WORKING AT THE park hyatt toronto?
- Complimentary meal during shift
- Paid medical days
- Employer RRSP Matching Contributions
- Complimentary hotel nights and discounts at Hyatt properties around the world
- Extended Health and Dental medical benefits for you and your dependents 30 days after joining
- Tuition reimbursement program
About the Role - Event Planning Manager _ Social & Weddings
The Event Planning Manager's primary focus is servicing Sales bookings. This position acts as the liaison between Clients and Event Planners and the Hotel Operational departments. Responsibilities include administering the Sales agreement, detailing all Food & Beverage, Room setup, and A/V needs, as well as managing room blocks, billing and final review. Event Planning Managers also act as on-site contact and support operational departments to ensure a high-level execution of all events.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Work closely with clients to understand what they actually want in the event
- Conduct a pre and post-event analysis to be able to plan properly and to also be able to improve in different areas
- Create proposals for each event and also make sure that the proposal is submitted on or before the deadline
- Responsible for assigning duties to other members of staff where and when it is necessary
- Maintain good relationships with various vendors involved in the event, as well as with venue owners
- Put in place some contingency plans in case of unforeseen scenarios or mishaps during the course of an event
- Coordinate all forms of entertainment for the event, like music and guest speakers, or performers as the case may be
- Plan events in line with the budget drawn up for the event
- Suggest suitable venues for an event to the client; in some cases, take clients to different venues for them to make a choice
- Supervise activities going on during events; welcome guests and also serve as the ?problem-solver? on the day
- Ensure events are well-publicized if the client requires it.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of hotel event sales/event planning or comparable experience servicing Financial, Medical and Entertainment markets, Local Corporate, Sports Teams, Multi-Day Conferences and Social/Weddings.
- Understanding of the luxury market, with a strong desire for service excellence and providing unique, interesting and impactful experiences
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast-paced environment. Refined verbal and written communication skills, combined with polished presentation skills and a high level of creativity, innovation and problem-solving ability required.
- High-level commitment to service & experience excellence, in conjunction with robust teamwork and leadership skills.
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge, including experience with floor plan and event planning software.
- Candidates should be extremely detail-oriented, organized and able to handle a fast-paced environment, with the ability to be strategic, responsive and effective in managing change.
- Support the Sales Department with initial sites and contract negotiation, as well as act as the primary Client contact upon contracting and take the lead on all planning and oversee in-house programs as well as lead pre-and post-conference meetings.
- Strong food and beverage knowledge, with the ability to customize to accommodate client preferences and budget
- Ability to monitor Client budgets, balanced with a proactive approach to secure additional opportunities to build revenue from contracted levels
- Responsible to monitor & manage contracted guest rooms, as well as communicating with and counseling Client/s on room pick-up, cut-off dates, attrition and other related matters.
All Candidates must be in possession of identification proving authorization to work in Canada. This Position does not offer sponsorship of Work Visas. Resumes submitted that cannot fulfill these requirements will not be considered.