Apply Here: https://careers.risepeople.com/foresightcanada/en
Grant Writer (Full-Time)
Foresight Canada is a growing organization with an exciting mission: accelerating the growth and impact of cleantech ecosystems across Canada. We bring together industry, government, academia, investors, and innovators together to address today's most urgent climate issues. Join us!
We're looking for a Grant Writer to join our Partnerships & Fundraising team to support high impact RFP submissions and proposal development.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities :
As a member of the partnerships team, the grant writer would balance their time between supporting industry proposals, funding partnership proposals, and RFP's, and help to ensure stable funding sources for Foresight. This is a unique opportunity to expand impact and gain experience across the non-profit and cleantech sector. Key tasks include:
- Working across departments at Foresight to develop a tailored fundraising proposals, systems and strategies for grants and RFPs, based on existing organizational capacity and anticipated needs;
- Maintaining an advanced understanding of Foresight's activities/operations and the fundraising opportunities these offer;
- Developing and maintaining a current internal Case for Support document to assist in grant writing activities;
- Identifying relevant grant opportunities from foundations, government, corporations and other funding sources and engaging with potential funders to maximize alignment;
- Maintaining an active grant application pipeline, including a proposal calendar;
- Writing and submitting effective proposals and grant applications that display exceptional attention to detail and captivating storytelling; and,
- Tracking, developing and submitting required progress reports as needed.
- Strong grant writing and wider fundraising experience with the ability to engage comfortably with a wide range of stakeholders, cultures and subject matters;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and project management and writing skills;
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people;
- Exceptional time management and prioritization skills;
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed;
- Strong organization and editing experience, displaying a high-level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- One to two years of non-profit experience is an asset
- One or more year grant writing experience, including government, foundation, and corporate proposals is a strong asset
- Proven track record of securing a grant(s) is desirable
Job Type: Full-Time
- benefits* (key is best fit and experience for the role)
Foresight accelerates the growth and impact of cleantech ecosystems across Canada. We have supported 850+ ventures in our Kickstart, Launch, Deliver, and Grow programs, and 150+ industry partners through our industry, capital, and export programs. Foresight's expertise has helped secure $840 million in capital, $310+ million revenues and 6,700+ high-paying jobs with an economic impact of over $1 billion. Our domestic and international engagement includes collaboration with 2,000+ stakeholders and partners. We have a strong history of strategy, ecosystem mapping, and partnership building that positions Canada as a global leader in cleantech innovation.
Foresight recognizes that the best teams include diverse voices. We welcome all applicants with the requisite experience and skills for the position to apply, and invite interested individuals to reach out with any questions or requests for accommodation through the application or interview process.
The team at Foresight is passionate about solving pressing environmental problems and bringing transformative technologies to market. Apply today to join this dynamic team. Apply today on our website. https://careers.risepeople.com/foresightcanada/en
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $70,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday