CATERING SALES MANAGER
Competition number: J0522-0734
Department: Food and Beverage, Catering Sales Office
Status: Full-Time continuing
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (35 hours per week)
Annual/hourly salary: $55,600 - $72,000 (position with benefits and pension plan)
Closing date: June 12, 2022
EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
It is the National Arts Centre’s goal to be a more welcoming, inclusive, accessible, and diverse organization for all Canadians. We believe that the basis of this inclusivity requires a socially and culturally diverse workforce and, therefore, we actively seek to recruit candidates who identify as women, Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour (IBPoC), persons from the LGBTQ2+ community and persons with disabilities. We encourage you to self-identify in the recruitment process.
Due to the nature of the position, the incumbent will be required to work primarily on-site. All necessary working tools needed to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of this position will be provided to the employee for this purpose.
The NAC recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. Therefore, an offer of employment shall be conditional upon receipt of written confirmation that the selected candidate has been fully vaccinated. Certified medical conditions will be accommodated as well as exemptions based on established religious objection.
The above information will be filed in keeping with the Privacy Act.
INTRODUCING THE NATIONAL ARTS CENTRE
The National Arts Centre (NAC) is Canada’s bilingual, multi-disciplinary home for the performing arts. The NAC presents, creates, produces, and co-produces performing arts programming in various streams—the NAC Orchestra, Dance, English Theatre, French Theatre, Indigenous Theatre, and Popular Music and Variety—and nurtures the next generation of audiences and artists from across Canada.
Curious to learn more? We invite you to read our strategic plan for 2020-2023 in The Next Act.
Collaboration, innovation and community-led engagement are only some of the many initiatives the NAC will leverage to help shape a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive future for the performing arts in Canada. One that embodies our slogan and loudly proclaims that Canada is our stage.
Reporting to the General Manager of Food and Beverage, the Catering Sales Manager will identify, develop and maintain sales objectives as well as plans and programs in accordance with the Department’s vision in order to increase business in the Catering operations. The incumbent will identify and maximize business opportunities by establishing strategic partnerships and generate awareness of the NAC catering business. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible to identify critical areas of improvement, manage forecasting, analyze results and oversee the promotions and advertising activities. The Catering Sales Manager will work closely with our clients to create exceptional and memorable events.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Set banquet sale goals and objectives
- Interact with customers to ensure all inquiries and complaints are handled promptly
- Order banquet items for clients
- Prepare invoicing following banquets
- Be onsite during special events
- Post-secondary degree in business management, hotel management, marketing, or a related hospitality field is required;
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in hospitality sales;
- Superior knowledge of Food and Beverage Industry;
- Working knowledge of Caterease operating systems for booking events;
- Network experience within the Ottawa / Gatineau region is an asset;
- Strong time management and negotiating skills;
- Ability to work well independently with little supervision;
- Strategic planning skills are an asset;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with guests and employees;
- Good organizational skills, initiative and autonomy in a fast-paced environment;
- Advance computer software knowledge including MS Office;
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in both official languages (English and French);
- A past record of satisfactory attendance and punctuality is a requirement*.
*Regular attendance at work is an expectation of employment and an essential part of every job.
WHO CAN APPLY:
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens.
All communication will be conducted through email and interviews via videoconferencing. Please ensure to have the most up-to-date information on your resume including your current email address.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation for an interview or written exam, please advise us when initially contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to provide the original or a certified true copy of their education credentials as appropriate, along with proof of a valid Background Check as a condition of employment.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted by us.
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume online through our ‘Careers Opportunities’ website at https://nac-cna.ca/en/careers.
CONNECT WITH US!