Job category: Donor recruitment, fundraising and sales
Job posting ID: 3087
Employment status: Temporary full-time
Position's anticipated end date (if temporary): 2023/02/24
Possible schedule/FTE: 1.0
Classification: CUPE 1846
Salary/Rate of pay: $30.55
Application deadline: 2022/05/25
Somewhere in Canada there's a life you can save.
Be part of a dynamic, collaborative and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. Thousands of Canadians depend on us every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells and organs and tissues.
Join Canada's Lifeline and make a meaningful difference every day.
Canadian Blood Services is looking for a Temporary Full-Time Event Coordinator to join our dynamic Donor Centre team in Calgary. In this role, you will be developing positive relationships with donors, the local community, site contacts and Canadian Blood Services staff to plan and execute collection events in accordance with all regulatory requirements and Canadian Blood Services policies, procedures, and practices. You will work in partnership with the territory leads and volunteer resources to achieve donor base growth targets via new and reinstated donors and to support achievement of collection targets.
Key responsibilities include:
Identifies opportunities, plans, and executes donor recruitment strategies to meet individual event and territory targets
- Monitors appointment progress and works with territory manager and volunteer resources coordinator for strategies required to meet collection targets
- Coordinates the execution of the annual schedule, developed by the Demand Planning organization, for assigned territory targets, leveraging market potential to meet collections targets and to build donor base
- Develops and maintains ongoing relationships with site contacts and the community
- Coordinates in-donor centre activities in support of national campaigns and events
Post-secondary level education in a relevant discipline from a recognized academic institution; degree or diploma in Business Administration, Public Relations or Event Management preferred
- Community development and/or event management (3 years)
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, volunteers and donors
- Strong organizational and time management skills, being able to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities within short timelines
- Motivated to succeed, ability to think outside the box and deliver results
- Valid driver's license and access to a vehicle is required
Starting wage $30.55
- Paid in lieu of vacation
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee discounts, wellness program, and more!
Diversity and inclusion play a vital role in ensuring health equity for patients across Canada. We are committed to reflecting Canada's population in our organization and fostering an environment where all employees can be their authentic selves, with equal opportunities to succeed and contribute.
To protect the health and safety of its employees, all Canadian Blood Services' employees are required to be fully vaccinated (COVID-19 vaccine doses as approved by Health Canada), subject to any medical or other human rights grounds.
If this role resonates with you, we encourage you to apply! This could be your first step towards a meaningful and inspiring career. Come to work each day knowing that you save lives.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those considered for an interview or those invited to participate in an assessment (such as testing) will be contacted. Applicants who require accommodation should discuss their needs with us.