HR Manager - Houston, TX
Status: Exempt (Salaried)
Department : Human Resources
The HR Manager is responsible for supporting Plug Power by staying connected to matters which impact the people and the culture of the organization. This role is a subject matter expert providing strategic guidance on all employee life cycle matters, including employee relations, performance, policy interpretation, compensation, compliance and much more. The HR Manager must have a strong generalist foundation, including knowledge of HR best practices and the legal environment, and possess skills in the areas of interpersonal communication, relationship building, project management, critical thinking, and process improvement. The ideal candidate will maintain a thorough understanding of business priorities and continue working to build trusted relationships with a diverse audience of internal stakeholders representing a wide variety of HR support needs. This individual must be self-motivated, able to handle multiple competing priorities at once, and willing to adapt within a fast-paced, growing organization.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Interfaces with managers to build relationships, employee morale and increase both productivity and retention throughout Plug Power
- Facilitates support for designated departments by communicating with the Human Resources Centers of Excellence as well as Global Human Resources Business Partners to execute on operational excellence
- Develops recommendations and coordinates employee relations activities, including leading or assisting as needed, in investigations of alleged misconduct and submit findings and recommendations to HR leadership
- Partners with leaders and employees on performance development and employee disciplinary matters
- Collaborates and supports Global Talent Acquisition team with recruitment efforts for the Houston area
- Assists in facilitating HR training to various levels of management to include company policies, EEO and Anti-Harassment training, leadership training, HR compliance, and employee engagement
- Responds to potential employee grievances and regulatory agencies as appropriate.
- Conducts exit and stay interviews, analyzes data, and makes recommendations to the HR leadership team for continuous improvement
- Administers various HR policies and procedures
- Maintains an ongoing knowledge of legislation impacting HR activities; identifies compliance gaps within HR functionality and recommends remedial actions as appropriate
- Supports the organization through participation in special HR projects that maintain a positive employer-employee relationship and maintain morale
- Collaborates effectively with internal clients and staff across departments
- Promotes culture of employee engagement, a positive environment, and a great place to work
- Represents Plug Power in a professional manner at all times and in all interactions.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business, or another relevant field
- Minimum of eight (8) years' experience in Human Resources, preferably in a generalist capacity
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Extensive experience with employee relations and investigations required
- Experience within a technology, engineering or manufacturing environment is highly preferred
- Experience working in an organization with numerous locations and a partially remote workforce is highly preferred
- SHRM certification preferred (PHR, SPHR or SHRM-CP)
- Experience with Workday is desired
- Computer and software systems skills as applicable to position including but not limited to: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Demonstrates the highest level of integrity and maintaining confidentiality
- Proven track record of developing effective relationships
- Strong project management and process improvement abilities
- Dynamic interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences and stakeholders at all levels
- Uncompromising dedication to quality
- Demonstrated analytical abilities with strong attention to detail
- Must be driven and self-motivated, with excellent follow-through
- Exempt employees are expected to work as many hours as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities. This may require they work more than eight hours a day and more than five days or 40 hours per week.
Plug Power Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected status.