Human Resources Coordinator (HRC202205)
Experience: 2-3 years
Education: Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, or similar
About Able Innovations
We build dynamic robotic platforms that push the technical envelope to deliver products and services capable of transforming healthcare delivery. We are developing smart, robust, and well-integrated systems that are easy to use, practical, and delivered at a massive scale.
The needs of our healthcare system and its staff are rising at an unprecedented rate due to the aging demographic and the fallout of COVID-19. The act of transferring individuals and patients (i.e., between beds, stretchers, etc.) places a disproportionate strain on staff and resources, causing injuries and inefficiencies. At Able Innovations, we are focused on automating this process of patient transfers and have a vision of one day being able to use the same technology to provide independence to anyone who today depends on assistance to be transferred.
About the position
The need for our technology has never been greater, and to meet this need, we have assembled an excellent team with individuals driven to develop technology for good. We are in pursuit of greatness and expect the same of our employees. We are looking for new team members who are driven, passionate and hard-working.
The HR Coordinator will focus on maturing the HR function for the whole organization. This person must be comfortable with all aspects of HR and serve as the go-to resource for the team. You will be responsible for all human resources operational functions including policy development and implementation, payroll administration, talent sourcing, benefits oversight, risk and compliance to name a few. The candidate must be passionate about their work with a "do whatever-it-takes attitude". You will report to the Operations Manager. The successful candidate must meet the responsibilities and skills outlined below:
- Assist with all internal and external HR-related inquiries or requests.
- Assist in the development, creation, documentation and management of company policies and procedures, in alignment with corporate values and operational needs
- Screen, facilitate, and recruit the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborate with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Own the onboarding process and guide new hires through managing the trainings and orientation
- Perform routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handle employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Act as a point of contact for office administration related tasks
The candidate will work closely with the Chief Executive Office and the Operations Manager to undertake tasks, activities and responsibilities as deemed important for this position.
Job Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelors in human resources, or similar.
- 2-3 years of experience as an HR coordinator.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Strong judgement abilities to determine proper fit within the firm.
- A good understanding of the many disciplines within HR, including diversity and inclusion, performance management, compensation and benefits, talent management, employee relations, etc.
- Exposure to Payroll practices
- Experience working for a Startup is a plus
- Experience scaling up an HR function is a plus.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
Please submit resume and cover letter in a single pdf document with the naming format "HRC202205_Firstname_Lastname".
Able Innovations is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive workplace. All aspects of employment are decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, ethnic origin, marital status, age, place of origin, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, creed, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, record of offenses, veteran status or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.