Eaton's Electrical sector is seeking an Inside Sales Representative to be based out of our Calgary, Alberta facility.
Position Overview :
The inside sales representative supports the sales of assigned product lines to customers and distributors across Southern Alberta. Responsibilities include accurate specification interpretation, quotation generation, technical support, timely communication with customers, distributors and manufacturing facilities. Identification of sales opportunities and follow-up to secure orders. Provides customer and distributor service with minimal supervision. The inside sales representative utilizes a combination of sales support techniques to achieve orders / sales goals while delivering customer solutions.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
- Provide technical support on electrical products, assemblies and services to customers and distributors, including application and pricing assistance
- Assist outside sales representatives and distributors on opportunity identification, quotation, order entry, production tracking and shipping
- Build relationships with customers, distributors and internal personnel to enhance long term business growth
- Prepare sales proposals based on customer requirements while meeting timeline expectations
- Utilize pricing tools to complete competitive professional quotations
- Support outside sales representatives with quotation follow-up and competitor activity reporting
- Partner with distributors to create focus and enhance market reputation
- Perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton's Philosophy and Values, as well as Safety and Environmental standards
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company - are stronger.
- Diploma in electrical engineering, electrical technology or business.
- Journeyman or Master electrician.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- CET designation, business degree
- Minimum 3 years of technical experience in the electrical industry.
- Minimum 1 year of Sales Experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven planning and organization abilities.
- Excellent customer service and listening skills.
- Electrical industry experience.
- Experienced in developing and delivering customer-focused solutions.
- Demonstrated competency in contributing to the success of the team.
- Analytical aptitude, ability to think critically with proven problem-solving skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
?Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: https://www.eaton.com/ca/en-gb/company/policies-and-statements/accessibility.html
What you will get from us
Eaton's mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power - more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton's 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company - are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company's operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: North America - Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time