A little about us
Nestlé Purina PetCare Canada is a leader in the pet care industry, whose vision is to be the world's most trusted Company in Enriching the Lives of Pets and the People Who Love Them. We are high performers who thrive among the best and offer a dynamic and collaborative work environment where you can contribute to challenging, satisfying and meaningful work. We are committed to building a team that is committed to pets and their owners. Your Pet, Our Passion® Bringing our brands to life and making them as relevant for today's consumers as they've always been takes vision, passion and an innovative mind-set. If you can bring that into the mix, we know the magic will happen.
Business areas: Nestlé Purina PetCare Canada
Job title: Senior Manager, Public Relations & Corporate Communications
Location: Mississauga, ON
Position: Temporary 12 month contract
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Public Relations and Corporate Communications based at our Mississauga office, reporting into the VP of Marketing. This position is responsible to build and protect Purina's corporate reputation and image and to communicate and promote corporate messages internally.
A day in the life of...
This position performs highly specialized work and provides guidance to other positions within the organization. You are influential in guiding others to leverage support of the Purina Corporate strategies, including corporate philanthropy, engagement, employee communications and PR.
You will also:
- Develop, recommend and implement strategy for disseminating corporate messages as it relates to business goals, objectives, change management, as well as contributing to a sense of corporate culture and community
- Manage end-to-end planning, execution and hosting of internal meetings and engagement events
- Be responsible for maintaining and updating internal communications touchpoints, including the NEST, Facebook Workplace and direct emails. Seeks out story ideas and responsible for writing and editing all internal communications, including content creation.
- Lead the company's corporate philanthropy program and initiatives by setting and communicating the overall strategy for corporate donations and partnerships.
- Determine how to localize global and North American initiatives. Represent Canada with Global and Zone stakeholders to identify opportunities & requirements
- Monitor, direct and/or support Crisis and Issues Management internally/externally, as needed.
- Manage end-to-end Public Relations process and promotes the Purina Corporate Image and its key messages through media initiatives, events (internal and external) and partnerships as needed
- Be responsible for managing media & donations inquiries relating to Nestlé Purina PetCare Canada and its products.
What will make you successful
As the successful candidate, you will be the leader in all internal employee communication by influencing employees at all levels toward the achievement of corporate objectives. You will need to be passionate, tenacious, results-focused and really enjoy working in a highly energetic and exciting environment. You will already have great project management, communication and PR skills, coupled with your highly organised, conscientious approach. Pro-activity and enthusiasm are essential.
You will also have:
- Education: Completion of a University Degree in Communications or Public Relations
- Minimum of 10-15 years communications/public relations experience Competencies must include strategic thinking, strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication, and the ability to work on multiple projects
- Strong writing, editing and journalism skills required. Must be able to handle highly sensitive matters and exercise sound judgment with tact and diplomacy.
- Must be advanced in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Have knowledge of MAC, SAP, SharePoint
What you need to know
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you'd expect from a business the size of Nestle including a comprehensive total rewards benefits package including Health and Dental benefits that start on day one as well as a Company matched retirement savings plan, Excellent training and development programs as well as opportunities to grow within the company.
The closing date for applications is June 7, 2022. We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don't delay in submitting your application.
Nestlé is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Nestlé will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process