Invites applications for the position of:
Community Paramedic Outreach Program
Temporary Full Time
Start Date: As soon as possible
End Date: December 3, 2022 or TBD
2022 Salary Grid 3: $26.55 to $32.15
Location: Frankville, Ontario
Reporting to the Superintendent, the Community Paramedic Outreach Program (CPOP) Administrative Assistant position provides a variety of administrative, clerical, and reception functions to support the Community Paramedic Outreach Program of the Leeds Grenville Paramedic Service.
- Post-secondary diploma in business or administration-related field or equivalent combination of education and related experience will be considered.
- 3 year's experience, preferably in health care or related field.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated creative, research and analytical skills.
- High level of initiative, resourcefulness, and independent judgement.
- Strong community awareness and effective relationship building with stakeholders.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and the ability to efficiently and professionally handle client requests.
- Strong sense of confidentiality and tact when dealing with personal health information.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to proofread effectively.
- Ability to remain composed during time-sensitive, stressful, and fast-paced situations.
- Understanding of relevant Counties' structure, programs, by-laws and legislation and knowledge of local municipal government in the surrounding area.
- Ability to work within a team, and independently, including the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrated computer literacy and an excellent working knowledge of various software applications including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, iCreate, eSCRIBE, FileHold and social media platforms.
- Demonstrated experience working with EMR software such as Prehos and iMedic will be considered an asset.
- Be prepared for and respond to emergency safety issues.
- Valid Criminal Records check - recent within 6 months.
Summary of Position Responsibilities:
- Process information requests utilizing third party database resources and create/maintain tracking systems as requested and/or required.
- Perform research and analysis on legislation, policy and information documents, as assigned.
- Prepare correspondence and other required communications, notices and reference documents in consultation with the Superintendent.
- Work collaboratively with community partner agencies to promote and support the programs delivered and to maintain a working knowledge of available resources to best serve, support and direct clients.
- Perform regular updates to the online calendars and schedules.
- Prepare and maintain documents related to timesheets.
- Prepare and maintain documents related to Ministry reporting.
- Ensure adherence of branding to all standard communication formats.
- Undertake special projects as assigned.
- Order and maintain office equipment and supplies.
- Perform file maintenance, including filing using TOMRMS, scanning of documents, and tracking records.
- Assist with the preparation of agendas, minutes, and resolutions for Council and Committee meetings, as required.
- Assists in preparing and distributing advertisements and public notices as assigned.
- Acquires and maintains a current knowledge of Counties' policies, procedures, programs and services and relevant by-laws.
- Responsible for main reception functions including responding to telephone, walk-in and email inquiries, faxes, and directing these inquiries to the relevant person.
- Responsible for receiving, sorting, date-stamping and distributing incoming mail.
Other related duties, as requested and required.
- Mostly inside work, working in an office environment.
- Hours of work per week: 35 hours.
- Work involves occasional interruptions to respond to demands.
- Work outside of normal business hours to meet organizational needs as required (minimal).
The foregoing Job Description reflects the general duties necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed to be all of the work requirements that may be inherent in this classification.
Resumes should be marked ?Competition # PS-22-082 Administrative Assistant, TFT? and apply online by 4:00 p.m. on /before Tuesday May 24, 2022 at 4:00 p.m. to: https://careers.leedsgrenville.com
Applicant information is collected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), and will only be used for candidate selection.
The United Counties of Leeds and Grenville is committed to providing a recruitment and selection process that is both inclusive and free from barriers. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request, and will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Applicants are required, in advance, to make any accommodation request known to Human Resources by contacting the department at 1-800-770-2170 extension 2308 or using the Bell Relay Service. Human Resources will strive to provide reasonable and appropriate accommodation for all applicants, during the recruitment and selection process, which will ensure the process, is conducted in a fair and equitable manner.