We have a lot to be proud of at Nicola Wealth. Our sophisticated financial planning, our diversified private investment funds and their exceptional performance, our 99% client retention rate and our award-winning culture, combine to position us as a national leader in wealth management. Recognized as a Best Managed Company and one of Canada's Top Employers, we are dedicated to upholding our firm's values through this phase of significant growth.
By bringing together smart, dedicated and supportive colleagues from diverse backgrounds, we deliver extraordinary client service in values-driven work environment. The collaboration, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit we were founded on provides the opportunity for you to make a real impact and build a rewarding career. We are passionate about our business, our culture and investing deeply in your growth and development to build for the future. If you have this same drive, then let's talk!
The social media content producer is a creative storyteller who will strategically develop and implement a multi-media based social media strategy to increase online presence and improve brand awareness for the firm.
This role sits within a highly collaborative communications team and reports directly to the Senior Manager, Corporate Relations; duties include defining and developing social media programs, identifying and utilizing the latest social media trends to optimize algorithms, shoot and edit visual content (primarily video), target and engage our online audiences, and contribute to the greater marketing plan. The social media content producer is responsible for publishing content across multiple online platforms to effectively engage our online community and attract new followers.
As a Social Media Content Producer, your key accountabilities will involve:
There are 3 key elements to this role: Content Planning, Content Creation and Community Management.
- In collaboration with the Senior Manager, Corporate Relations and the Communications team, develop and implement an integrated social media plan.
- Understand the Nicola Wealth brand and how it must be represented in digital contexts.
- Plan and storyboard digital content for short videos and static posts based on defined KPIs.
- Setting up an organized content calendar for the internal team and clients to reference.
- Maintain a knowledge of social media content specifications for, but not limited to, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
- Work with the team to analyze performance statistics on weekly and monthly to figure out what's working and what's not working to refine content strategies.
- Recording short videos for digital and social media channels both for our owned brands and client accounts. Channels include but are not limited to LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Produce and publish content that motivates, inspires, educates, informs, and engages audiences across a variety of digital platforms.
- Content Creator will work closely with the Marketing Communications Specialist to ensure written content aligns with visual and social content.
- Work closely with Field Marketing to use your expertise in the production of high level, brand aligned digital webinars.
- Ability to edit videos and create impactful assets.
- Sourcing user generated content online for reposting/sharing.
- Maintaining all social assets in an organized manner.
- Plan and create engaging social and digital content to achieve client marketing goals.
Community Management and Engagement
- Monitor social media accounts for activity and engage with followers on accounts.
- Proactively engaging within each social media community to drive engagement and following.
- Setting and achieving community engagement and growth goals for each Client account.
- Coach internal stakeholders to elevate their community involvement.
- Successfully use innovative and creative problem solving to implement plans and objectives
- Able to adjust to and remain productive within a fast paced and ever-changing environment
- High level of attention to detail and project management skills
- Successfully use business challenges as opportunities to improve team and personal performance
- Able to deliver projects with the team using all available resources, measuring and monitoring performance throughout
- Committed to continuous learning and evolving with industry best practice
- Willingness to learn new skills and acquire additional education as required
- Strong time management skills, particularly the ability to prioritize a multitude of tasks
- Adaptable, deadline-driven and result-oriented approach
- Self-awareness with a desire for constant self-improvement
As a Social Media Content Producer, your experience and qualifications will include:
- 5+ years related experience.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in video production, marketing or communications.
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Proven results and demonstrated experience in social media and content marketing.
- Proficiency in the principles, concepts, practices, techniques and tools in the areas of marketing, communications, journalism, and program management.
- Experience in Adobe Premiere and After Effects.
- Experience with illustration and basic animation.
- Detail orientated.
- Have a deep understanding of social channels and communicating with audiences through different mediums.
- Experience with social media scheduling & monitoring tools, e.g. Hootsuite, Meltwater, etc.
- Hands-on experience with a wide range of platforms including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Excellent organizational skills and a track record of delivering on time.
- Work well both independently and collaborating within a team.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
Application closing date is June 13, 2022.
Please include both cover letter and resume in your application. Thank you for your interest in this position. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. For more information about this and other roles: nicolawealth.com/careers