Date Posted: 05/13/2022
Req ID: 24184
Faculty/Division: Temerty Faculty of Medicine
Department: Department of Medicine
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
Position Number: 00031675
Home to over 40 departments and institutes, the University of Toronto's Faculty of Medicine lies at the heart of the Toronto Academic Health Science Network and is a global leader in ground-breaking research and education, spanning clinical medicine, basic science and the rehabilitation sciences sectors.
The Department of Medicine (DOM) is one of the largest in North America, with 830 full-time faculty members, 1,000 postgraduate trainees, and 20 specialty and sub-specialty divisions located across six fully-affiliated hospitals, four community-affiliated hospitals and more than a dozen additional clinical practice sites. We are a powerhouse of medical research, with more than $162-million in annual research funding. This research generates new knowledge with the goal of meaningfully impacting internal medicine training and the care and health outcomes of patients and their families.
As Administrative Assistant, Promotions & Mentorship, Equity & Diversity, you will support our unwavering commitment to the principles of inclusion and diversity, coordinate the academic senior promotions process and help us celebrate our faculty through the flawless execution of major events. Your exceptional communications and planning skills will enable you to collaborate with a wide range of senior stakeholders in a highly dynamic role. You will be entrusted with key administrative tasks that will require meticulous attention to detail and both tact and diplomacy in a culturally sensitive and diverse environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
Providing administrative support to the Vice Chair, Mentorship, Equity & Diversity
- Liaising with multiple stakeholders to support initiatives and implementing plans and process improvements for academic process activities
- Applying established standards when administering clinical/MD academic promotions process activities
- Supporting committees and working groups and determining actionable items based on the review of applicable information
- Drafting internal and external communications and editing content brochures, newsletters, websites and handbooks
- Disseminating surveys and questionnaires, and collecting/organizing data for presentation and review
Advanced College Diploma (3 years) or acceptable combination of equivalent experience
- Minimum three years of relevant experience as a senior administrative assistant
- Demonstrated experience working with and supporting senior level committees and planning high-profile events
- Experience formatting and coordinating the production of high level communications materials
- Experience coordinating academic appointments and senior promotions; experience interpreting rules, guidelines and procedures is essential
- Experience managing databases and generating reports
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, MS Publisher and survey tools
- Proven ability to work with highly confidential files, documents and data and respect of sensitive and confidential issues
- A strong team player with exceptional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure managing multiple priorities
- Good judgement, initiative, tact, discretion and diplomacy
- Attuned to current social issues related to diversity, equity and inclusion
Knowledge of University's Laserfiche document management system
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Problem solver
Closing Date: 06/03/2022, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget - Continuing
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 10 - $63,089 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $80,678. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Administrative / Managerial
Recruiter: Dinuka Perera
Lived Experience Statement
Candidates who are members of Indigenous, Black, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ communities, person with disabilities, and other equity deserving groups are encourage to apply, and their lived experience shall be taken into consideration as applicable to the posted position.