How to Apply:
Complete the contact information below and upload your application documents (cover letter and resume) as one file in the "Resume" field below. Please name your file using the following naming format: Last name, First name. When finished, click "Submit Application".
- Post-secondary school education or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two to three years of related administrative support experience
- Cash handling experience (including processing cash transactions and bank deposits)
- Proficiency with MS Office including Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe, PowerPoint, internet, email and financial systems
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent keyboarding and data entry skills
- Excellent proof reading and grammatical/punctuation editing skills, with precise attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced, highly regulated team environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain professionalism while under pressure and when dealing with difficult customers, as well as meeting required deadlines
- Demonstrated safe work practices
- Acceptable Police Records Check
- Municipal experience
- Experience dealing with the public and customers
- Certified or Registered ?Commissioner of Oaths? or willing to obtain
- Minute taking experience
- Point of Sale System experience
- To provide administrative support services to Development Services Department, as well as front line customer service clerk for the Paris Administration Office
- Acts as back up to the Customer Service Clerk for the Paris office by answering the telephones and responds to the general public inquiries and complaints
- Preparation, proof reading and editing of correspondence, reports etc.
- Works with the General Manager on matters that are confidential in nature, such as in camera reports, budget, special projects and administrative matters
- Code invoices and provide to General Manager & Managers for approval
- Assist in preparation of promotional material and media for Development Services
- Provides assistance for Development Services in various clerical responsibilities such as research, filing, typing, photocopying and as support staff for day to day operations
- Accepts cash payments, debit payments and all other revenues received, and posts to the accounting program, prepares batch postings for postdated cheques, and bank deposits
- Attend meetings and act as recording secretary preparing accurate minutes with a distribution of action items to assigned individuals
- Attend evening and on occasion weekend meetings as required
- Open, sort, date stamp and distribute mail, including registered mail, outside couriers and interoffice courier mail
- Other duties as assigned
Hourly Rate Range: $29.54 - $34.56 (Job Grade 3)
35 hours per week (flexibility may be required with hours scheduled)
The application deadline is Sunday May 22nd, 2022 @ 11:59 p.m.
The County of Brant is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. Accessibility accommodations are available for all stages of the recruitment process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise the County if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants and advise that only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Personal information submitted is collected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.