Our rich history is a big part of who we are. With historic roots dating back over 135 years, Woodbine is steeped in tradition. We have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King's and Queen's trips to Canada, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we have been creating winning experiences for all our guests.
We are currently on an amazing 20-year journey to ?build a city within a city' and transform the largest privately held land in Toronto into one of Canada's premiere entertainment destinations. This journey will unlock the value of approximately 700 acres of land, leading to job creation and the revitalization of our communities, while enhancing our ability to share the thrill of horse-racing and cementing our place as an entertainment powerhouse.
We need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT - PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
WE is on a journey to become a guest-centric Marketing powerhouse. We are building a team of Brand champions, who will aspire to ?wow every guest'. The WE Marketing Team is accountable to develop and deliver innovative and effective marketing solutions to meet the Organization's strategic imperatives and launch a new breed of experience at Woodbine.
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, Betting; this role will support overall marketing efforts against our portfolio of Betting Platforms, including Dark Horse Bets, In-venue Betting and Sports Betting partnerships; and lead specific marketing programs and promotions to drive customer acquisition and revenue growth against casual racing fans/bettors. This role is key to driving year on year growth of Woodbine betting in Canada, as well as attracting new casual fans to wager on horse racing. The role will lead and deliver all necessary promotional assets to partners and internal cross-functional team members.
This role will also have accountability for the development, internal alignment, and delivery of a marketing plan around major betting initiatives and innovations. They will leverage our CRM database using business analysis/intelligence to increase betting revenue and profitability. A solid understanding of customer transactional data will be expected to help identify segments and offers that generate increased betting, improve targeting and offers to new customers and re-engage lapsed customers.
Leads by example, exhibiting and encouraging WE's Values and Beliefs, creating Winning Experiences both internally to stakeholders and externally to customers in all that we do
- Plans marketing strategy and tactical plans for new product platforms and offerings
- Understands the experience, the target customer, and is aware of market trends and opportunities to better promote our betting offerings
- Supports development of strategic marketing plan, and business cases for short-term marketing programs and longer-term full re-development programs
- Supports development and leads the execution of strategic and actionable marketing and promotions plans to increase Betting, particularly across casual fans. This includes marketing programs aimed at local audiences in and around Toronto / the GTA
- Identifies and creates acquisition programs to grow our Betting customer databases.
- Leverages databases and understands ways to identify opportunity segments to migrate into new betting platforms, as key stages within the customer life cycle.
- Uses existing real-time customer betting data to make business decisions
- Manages the development of high-quality creative that delivers on the approved brief, while adhering to project timelines and budgets. Evaluates and approves creative development
- Supports media planning for the betting portfolio. Works with external media agencies to plan and execute media plans, manage deadlines, and deliver creative to agencies/vendors
- Monitors and ensures effective use of Woodbine's owned channels to support betting promotions and marketing initiatives
- Works with wagering team and access betting data to pull and regularly distribute analytics, leveraging our databases and other cross channel sources of data to identify insights to enhance current and future marketing strategies and programs.
- Liaises with internal resources where necessary to conduct market research and cost-benefit analysis to develop and evaluate new program designs
- Ensures recommendations, post-mortem analyses, and metrics are well-documented and integrated to promote continuous improvement.
- Defines key performance indicators and monitors and analyzes results achieved to ensure success of various programs.
- Collaborates with Content team to develop content plan to support betting products.
- Budgets and regularly reforecasts accounts in order to ensure all funds are used effectively and monitor use of funds to ensure a consistent ROI.
Key Success Factors
University degree in business / marketing / statistics or a related field
- 3 years' experience in Marketing, with preference to those with experience in digital/analytics-based marketing and a focus on acquisition and customer lifecycle
- Strong background in Marketing principles, strategy and tactics
- Knowledge of digital marketing strategy and the nuances of the digital and mobile world
- Understanding of the customer journey and how to communicate at each stage of it
- Good understanding of advertising - across both media and creative process, including proven ability to write a meaningful brief and manage the creative process
- Ability to set and manage to objectives
- Solid understanding of budgeting and financial management
- Good knowledge of database management principles and CRM systems.
- Proven ability to visualize and derive insights from analysis
Guided by our Values and Beliefs, Woodbine Entertainment commits to providing an authentic and empowering work experience! Please reach out if you're ready to embrace change and be part of a new breed of experience while working for one of Canada's certified Great Places to Work!