Our vision is to be the global leader in outstanding venues and events with a mandate to generate economic and community benefit for the people of British Columbia through prudent management of public facilities.
The award-winning Vancouver Convention Centre (VCC) is currently in search of Full Time Event Coordinator to join our team. This exciting role will report directly to the Senior Event Manager.
The Event Coordinator is a passionate event professional driven by a desire to achieve event success through collaboration and understanding.
The role is responsible for guiding our customers and internal teams, from planning through execution in a seamless fashion. The Event Coordinator leverages their experience and skill to prioritize building relations with new and existing clients, industry partners, and suppliers.
Providing proactive, innovative solutions aligned with client goals is key to the success of the role. As a calm decision maker under pressure, the Event Coordinator is a skilled communicator and is comfortable employing a broad range of communication styles to different audiences and scenarios.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Responsible for building and maintaining successful and mutually beneficial relationships with every client through planning, execution and follow-up.
- Seen as a leading demonstrator of VCC's core values: trust and respect, accountability, innovation, teamwork, service excellence, diversity, equity & inclusivity.
- Partnering with Event Managers on larger-scale events and individually on specifically assigned events, the Event Coordinator organizes the delivery and manages events seamlessly among the facility's departments and other events.
- Communicates event requirements to provisioning departments and motivates the teams to align their operation to client goals.
- Takes the lead planning unique requirements and providing innovative solutions.
- Manages consecutive and concurrent projects, clients and events.
- Effectively manages deadlines and competing priorities.
- Financial management of events, from quoting and negotiating of provisioning of services through to verifying orders and final invoicing.
- Develops and maintains relationships internally with colleagues, provisioning departments, and partners, as well as external industry.
- The combination of post-secondary education in Tourism, Hospitality, or Event Management and relevant work experience in a customer service role is considered an asset.
- You will do everything in your role to meet or exceed client expectations.
- Experience in a client relations role with primary responsibility of the success and outcomes.
- Event planning, or venue or hotel management experience.
- Exceptional communication skills, able to clearly express ideas, thoughts, and concepts verbally and in writing.
- You must be physically able to stand for extended periods of time. If this sounds like an exciting opportunity and you are interested in working at a fun, fast-paced and unique environment where you can make a difference by contributing to world class events please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking on the Apply Now button! Applications will be accepted until May 27th 2022.
For internals only: Please ensure you advise your direct manager in regards to your application as they will be consulted during the recruitment process.
At the Convention Centre, you will join an extraordinary team recognized for a commitment to delivering unparalleled, seamless service to our guests and leadership in all aspects of our business. Our leaders are passionate about the growth of others, investing the time to coach, teach and advise every day. Leaders look for talent and find opportunities for that talent to flourish and shine.
Note: This position is being posted internally and externally.
At PavCo, we are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to