0.5 EFT, Term to March 31, 2023
NorWest Co-op Community Health requires a 0.5 EFT Communications Manager. The
Communications Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing
internal and external communications strategies, including social media design and
content, graphic design, newsletters, videos, and website content. This role will also be
responsible for designing and/or creating communication to community members,
funders, donors, co-op members and staff.
- Collaborate with the leadership team members to develop a communications strategy.
- Coordinate Norwest Co-op's social media presence and digital communications. Develop meaningful, accurate and engaging content, and monitor coverage.
- Resize/format imagery as required and develop graphic/video elements for social media pages.
- Develop specific strategies for existing social media networks in order to generate brand awareness, drive traffic, educate and increase engagement.
- Research, write and edit, clear, accurate and persuasive content for social media platforms including the website and Newsletter.
- Stays up-to-date with changes in all social platforms, ensuring maximum effectiveness.
- Tracks all social media online traffic, creates reports and dashboards for the Leadership and Management Group upon request.
- Chairs Norwest Social Media and Communications Committee
- Coordinate production for bi-annual Newsletter
- Update and maintain website (including but not limited to video scripts, web copy, ads, infographics, videos and other types of publications).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Degree or diploma in communications and/or marketing field - or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year of experience in a communications or marketing role. Recent graduates are welcome to apply.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofing skills.
- Creative mind with the ability to assist in the development of communications materials for various mediums.
- Experience in developing communications for social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Knowledge of basic Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat Pro.
- Proficiency with posting content on all social media platforms and the Microsoft suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Video creation/editing skills required.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and coordinate many projects at any given time.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills that can work effectively with
others, experience supervising staff an asset.
Salary range: $28.142 -$33.451/hour based on experience
Submit application by May 25, 2022 in confidence to:
Trina Raine, HR Coordinator
NorWest Co-op Community Health
785 Keewatin Winnipeg, MB R2X 3B9
We thank everyone who expressed interest but only those selected for an interview will