Division: Quality Control & Standards
Location: Calgary, AB or Edmonton, AB
ATCO is committed to providing and maintaining a safe environment for our employees, contractors, partners, and customers. As part of this unwavering commitment to safety, all ATCO employees and contractors are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
Always there. Anywhere. That's us! We are committed to delivering inspired solutions for a better world. We care about our communities, we care about each other, and we care about showing up for those who need us. We never break a promise and we have the courage to do the right thing, even when it's hard. We take pride in holding ourselves to the highest standard of integrity and excellence in all that we do.
Work consists of a variety of standardized tasks. Decisions involve selection of the appropriate technique to follow among defined alternatives. The work performed is under occasional supervision and is conducted within general guidelines, instructions, and precedents. Identifies and implements processes and procedures within defined assignments or projects.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Quality Control & Standards, the individual is responsible for gathering requirements from stakeholders; developing and editing controlled documents and working with document owners to publish and communicate new controlled documents. This position is responsible for providing technical writing support to the business area. The use of multiple databases may be required. Issues and exceptions may require some analysis to resolve.
We're looking for someone who cares about their work and strives for more each day. Someone who challenges the status quo, embraces change, and thrives in a collaborative work environment. If you are someone who approaches work with passion, curiosity and the courage to innovate, then this role is for you.
What You Get to Do:
- Administrative Duties:
- Create and maintain routine and ad hoc reports.
- Compile and analyze data and make recommendations.
- Prepare controlled documents, reports, correspondence and presentations.
- Update and maintain controlled documents.
- Review work and/or provide support for junior positions or new employees.
- Develop and implement administrative processes and conduct continuous improvement activities.
- Participate in cross-functional activities and/or processes.
- Troubleshoot moderately complex issues and make recommendations for resolution.
- Gather Requirements for Controlled Documents:
- Interview field employees, engineers, supervisors, managers, etc. to gather requirements for controlled documents.
- Conduct research on applicable legal requirements, e.g., legislation, codes, etc.
- Analyze Requirements:
- Analyze objectives, target audience, technical & historical information, and current and proposed methodologies arising from research.
- Make decisions on what to include and exclude in written material.
- Analyze current procedures for outdated practices.
- Analyze detailed conceptual information and distill into concise points for inclusion in written material (i.e., business plans, business cases, IRs).
- Develop and Maintain Documentation (i.e. Controlled Documents) as Required:
- Develop, update and maintain controlled documents.
- Work with engineers, supervisors, and necessary stakeholders to compile relevant information, to analyze and distill the information, and to ensure documents are properly annotated and edited.
- Convert document text from casual to technical language and editing for grammar, spelling and mechanics.
- Analyze available information and distill into formats dictated by corporate policy.
- Develop internal communications pieces as required.
- Prepare presentations, with minimal direction, for internal and external parties.
- Maintain the SharePoint Standards site.
- High school diploma
- Minimum of 5 years related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, English, or other related areas is an asset.
- Completion of a Technical Writing certificate is an asset.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Expert level skills in the use of computer applications (MS Office, SharePoint) is an asset.
- Organizational and time management skills with an ability to handle multiple competing requests.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
What We Offer:
- A culture based on caring, integrity, agility, collaboration, and striving for excellence
- Competitive compensation
- Flex benefits
- Tuition assistance program
- Training and mentorship programs
- Charitable donation matching
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
ATCO Electric is part of ATCO Ltd. ATCO delivers inspired solutions for a better world. We are a diversified global corporation with investments in the essential services of Structures & Logistics, Utilities, Energy Infrastructure, Retail Energy, Transportation and Commercial Real Estate. Learn more about how we build communities, energize industries and deliver customer-focused solutions like no other company in the world at www.atco.com . ATCO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Visit our website for more information.
This position is administered under the ATCO Electric and Canadian Energy Workers Association Collective Agreement, Job Posting Provisions.