Looking for a great opportunity to work in Canada's largest Automotive Group?
Burrard Acura is currently looking to fill the position of Sales Manager.
The Sales Manager will be responsible for assisting the General Manager in planning, organizing, controlling, and measuring the employees and activities of the Sales Department. He/she will be directly responsible for the development of needed training programs for the new and used car salesmen. This person will teach all training classes or request a qualified person in sales management to assist when necessary. He/she will also be responsible for all administrative details of the New / Used Car Department and others as assigned by the Director of Operations.
- Establish long- and short-range goals as directed by the General Manager for the salespeople assigned as his/her responsibility.
- Guide the salespeople in setting their objectives on a long and short-range basis.
- Recommend to the General Sales Manager the new car inventory to be carried by colour, model, and equipment based on sales rate and current inventory.
- Set the gross objectives for assigned salespeople.
- Assist the General Manager in forecasting controllable expense elements for the New / Used Car Department.
- Set sales objectives for his salespeople and monitor weekly.
- Communicate with assigned salespeople to insure that the dealership's policies and procedures are understood.
- Follow up for enforcement of all policy and procedure requirements.
- Evaluate monthly the gross and volume performance of his salespeople.
- Perform daily one on ones with salespeople to monitor activities and assist with customers.
- Insure that salespeople plan a day's work each day through phone calls, emails and appointments using the company CRM system.
- Hire, motivate, counsel and monitor the performance of all new/ used vehicle sales employees.
- Supervise the salespeople to insure that they follow up their owners on a planned contact basis through the company CRM system.
- Review salespeople's performance as shown on the Sales Consultants Review and develop specific training plans to reach their objectives.
- Recommend for dismissal any salesperson failing to meet company standards and policies.
- Conduct daily and weekly sales training meetings as directed by the General Sales Manager to include completion of all Manufacturer training.
- Work with the salespeople on programs that will increase the new/used car gross.
- Work with salespeople and Finance office to increase the finance and insurance penetration.
- Hold the salespeople accountable in following the dealership's prospecting program to obtain maximum results through the company CRM system.
- Evaluate the performance of salespeople monthly including quarterly reviews.
- Coordinate the function of salespeople with the Service Department, Parts Department, and Business Office.
- Assist the General Manager in planning programs that will aid each salesperson in reaching his/her objectives.
- Coordinate the efforts of his salespeople to enhance the image of the dealership.
- Review the permanent records of performance for each of his salespeople and determine why the performance is above or below the stated goal.
- Assist in the development of advertising campaigns and other promotions.
- Coordinate with other Sales Managers in programs that will enhance his own personal and professional development.
Dilawri Group of Companies is Canada's largest automotive group with 76 franchised dealerships representing 32 automotive brands throughout Quebec, Ontario, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and British Columbia. Privately owned and operated by the Dilawri family since 1985, the company continues to expand its footprint in Canada, building on its history of excellence in the automotive industry. With more than 4,000 employees, Dilawri Group of Companies is proud to offer exceptional products and customer service in every dealership.
Dilawri Group of Companies is not only a leader in the automotive industry, it is also a leader in the communities it serves, having established The Dilawri Foundation in 2002. The Dilawri Foundation has contributed tens of millions of dollars throughout Canada supporting a variety of charitable causes.
Go to our website to see more about our company and the many reasons why you will want to work for us!
We do thank all applicants in advance, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest