Destination Think is seeking an experienced marketing professional to work as the marketing project manager to guide creative production and deliver creative campaigns to our destination marketing clients. This remote role is the most frequent point of contact that our clients have with our team and is responsible for ensuring clients' experiences with Destination Think are outstanding. We need someone with the right combination of communication skills, courage, clear planning acumen, an understanding of creative production, and curiosity in the face of challenge. It is a chance to truly own projects, ensuring the client's needs are understood, our needs are met and that the complete campaign delivery experience is excellent. Excellence needs to flow through the way we communicate, the way we organize, the way we work and the way we deliver. If you want to be a part of helping the tourism industry shape a better future while creating memorable experiences for visitors, then our collaborative team of professionals can't wait to hear from you.
When you apply, be sure to send a cover letter and resume. We want to know why you are the best person for this job. Be specific. If you live in or near British Columbia, please call that out, too. This job is remote, and you will work from home, but we would like to find someone on the West Coast. Applications are accepted through May 19, 2022.
The campaign manager provides a high-quality client experience while driving multiple campaigns and other projects that deliver any of our full suite of services, including strategic consulting, creative design and production, and always-on content and promotion.
Your client-facing responsibilities
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with client-side teams.
- Be the primary point of contact for assigned clients.
- Understand the client and the client's needs.
- Lead and support client meetings and client communication.
- Provide realistic expectations, establish specific client satisfaction standards and actively monitor client satisfaction, especially when unforeseen circumstances may need to be addressed with charge requests.
Your campaign management responsibilities
- Apply your knowledge and expertise with campaigns to efficiently oversee the full campaign lifecycle, from initiation to completion, while adhering to our project management process standards.
- Manage scope, including collaboration and refinement with all stakeholders.
- Create project plans for creative concepts, multimedia production and reporting.
- Maintain schedules to prioritize the team's work, while anticipating consequences of actions, potential problems or opportunities for change.
- Request, schedule and assign resources and tasks for campaigns with the company's project management software (Mavenlink), following a process that is accurate and ensures team members are recording billable hours each week.
- Oversee campaign budgets, including frequent budget analysis and oversight of billing and tracking invoices.
- Collaborate with team members to develop client-facing documentation, including contracts, scope of work documents, proposals, competitive bids, meeting agendas, minutes, project status updates, reports, and project closeouts.
- Identify potential problems or situations that are new or without clear precedent, document them, evaluate alternatives, find solutions using a systematic approach, and escalate issues when necessary.
- Manage multimedia production assignments with third-party suppliers, including clear briefs with requirements and deliverables.
- Resolve conflicts within and between projects or functional areas, develop methods to monitor for concerns and guide corrective actions as needed.
- Proactively seek greater efficiency and ideas for process improvement, project concepts and lessons learned from past projects.
- Uphold Destination Think's values and positively contribute to company culture.
Your operational responsibilities
- Develop and maintain detailed knowledge of Destination Think's services.
- Report weekly to the Client Experience Director about status across all projects.
- Directly support business KPIs through project management oversight.
- Support the Client Experience Director with regular budget health assessments (weekly budget meetings and estimates at completion checkpoints).
- Conscientious, self-driven work ethic and team player
- 4+ years working in a similar role at an advertising or marketing agency with responsibilities that include planning and implementing effective campaigns and integrated marketing programs across multiple online channels
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or other formal project management training
- Clear, courteous, confident, courageous communicator
- Comfortable working remotely and meeting/working through online video conferences
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and demands
- Confidence to act without hesitation to keep projects moving, on target and on time
- Fully fluent in English
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple cultures
- Extremely detail-oriented tactical planner
- Excellent math skills