Date Posted: 05/11/2022
Req ID: 24196
Faculty/Division: University of Toronto Scarborough
Department: UTSC:Academic Advising & Career Centre
Campus: University of Toronto Scarborough (UTSC)
Position Number: 00052112
The University of Toronto Scarborough is a place of energy, enthusiasm and passion. Our commitment to inclusive excellence attracts the brightest learners, scholars and employees from around the globe. Our success has been made possible by the opportunity given to us by our Indigenous hosts to operate on their territory, and we cherish our continuing partnerships with these communities. The University of Toronto Scarborough is an exciting campus with unlimited potential. Join us on our journey.
The Academic Advising & Career Centre (AA&CC) embraces a holistic philosophy in its delivery of integrated academic advising, learning skills, career development and employment coaching services to students. With a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion, the department operates as a cross-functional team working closely with campus partners to support student success and retention, foster student engagement and strengthen the student experience at UTSC.
As part of the Academic Advising & Career Centre's (AA&CC) team, you will report into the Senior Manager, Academic Advising and Career Support Services. You will play an important role in supporting and implementing marketing and communication strategies for social media campaigns and digital platforms. You will maximize the presence and growth of the unit's programming and services on various platforms, including the website, and through creative production of digital/print promotional and outreach materials. In addition, you will regularly analyze and report the effectiveness of the digital campaigns and programs and based on the available data and metrics, will optimize the social media and digital communications tactics accordingly.
Working collaboratively with the Office of Student Experience and Wellbeing's Marketing and Communications team, you will align your strategies and campaigns to ensure consistency and to avoid duplication in messaging. In addition, you will liaise with the UTSC Communications and Public Affairs Office to ensure collateral adheres to branding and University style guides, as well as AODA standards. You will also be required to support front-line service delivery during times of high volume or absences.
Your responsibilities will include:
Implementing digital communication plans across a broad range of marketing/communication channels
- Liaising with colleagues across the University to ensure consistent and/or integrated messaging
- Producing promotional and outreach materials (i.e. using photos and video produced)
- Determining the logistics required for the drafting, production and dissemination of marketing/communication materials
- Customizing website according to objectives or user feedback (including maintenance of digital platforms)
- Implementing social media campaigns
- Fostering and maintaining positive relationships with targeted social media communities
- Analyzing the effectiveness of campaigns and/or programs using metrics
Bachelor's Degree or acceptable combination of equivalent experience. University degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum four (4) years of related experience in communications and/or marketing, including experience with producing digital and print materials; managing social media platforms, websites and analytics to create community and establish on-line presence and determine trends; developing content for promotional and outreach materials; contributing to the planning of communication and marketing strategic initiatives and implementing digital communication plans as well as social media campaigns
- Experience with video and camera equipment, in order to conduct video/photo shoots, as well as experience with editing to capture desired results
- Must have experience directing and assigning activities to casual employees and/or work-study students
- Exhibits superior written communication skills, creativity and has a thorough understanding of best practices in digital communications and social media
- Excellent proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and/or Illustrator, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must have excellent project management skills, in order to plan, organize and maintain various elements of work and meet competing deadlines
- Must have a high level of attention to detail and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with team members and establish effective working relationships with a wide range of people from a variety of organizational and social cultures
- Demonstrated professionalism, ability to display tact and diplomacy and maintain confidentiality
- Expected to show evidence of a commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion, and the promotion of a respectful and collegial learning and working environment
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Possess a positive attitude
- Problem solver
- Team player
- A copy of the full job description is available upon request from the UTSC HR Office.
- The hours of work for this position are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, 8:45am-5:00pm, Wednesday 8:45am-7:00pm, and Fridays 8:45am-3:00pm.
Closing Date: 05/25/2022, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget - Continuing
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 11 - $66,989 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $85,666. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Communication/Media/Public Relations
Lived Experience Statement
Candidates who are members of Indigenous, Black, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ communities, person with disabilities, and other equity deserving groups are encourage to apply, and their lived experience shall be taken into consideration as applicable to the posted position.