Advanced Systems Group LLC provides onsite managed services for a prominent global tech company based in Mountain View, California. We are searching for an Event Production Manager to join our onsite team in Toronto, Canada.
The Event Production Manager is responsible for organizing, planning, launching, managing, and supporting our clients community presence and events. In this role, you will leverage a strong understanding of planning events, managing communities, and fostering new relationships, as you develop custom experiences to connect and engage with founders, developers, investors, and program partners.
Daily responsibilities include leadership of community outreach and event efforts, maintenance of event support tools / tracking / communications, coordinating content with speakers and mentors, as well as support of pre-event and post-event logistics and execution.
- 2+ years experience is required in customer success, program operations, and / or support
- Strong event management, budget management, project management, skills
- Comfort in running events and programming both in person and digitally
- Effective communicator and strong interpersonal skills
- Meticulous organizational skills
- Ability to independently and collaboratively manage regional events and community programs
- Track record in independent problem solving
- Understanding of how to build scalable processes, automate your tasks, and author guides and documentation for others
- The ability to own projects independently
- A natural customer-centric / customer success mentality
- Experience working at a startup - or working closely with the startup and venture community - is highly preferred.
- A team player with the ability to exercise good judgment in a rapidly changing and oftentimes ambiguous environment
- Proven aptitude and hunger for learning, an ability to develop and implement creative ideas, and the discipline to manage different projects to tight deadlines simultaneously
- Strong and diverse network within the startup ecosystem
- An ability to quickly get up-to-speed on complex technology, product, market, and regulatory and economic concerns
Project / Event Management; Communication and Presentation Skills; Budget Management; Problem Solving; Detail Orientation
Strategy Development; Startup / Technical Acumen; Partnership Management