This is a dynamic opportunity to join a rapidly growing Vancouver-based company, with industry leading software and services in the healthcare space. Policy Reporter provides a portfolio of offerings designed to redefine the way medical manufacturing companies receive and react to relevant information in the market. Our core offerings include a SaaS based platform hosting a database of the latest medical information, as well as custom projects to suit our client's needs leveraging our industry experience with private medical and government institutions.
Our clients include Fortune 10 companies in the healthcare field, as well as an array of Fortune 500 companies within the pharmaceutical and biotechnology firms internationally.
Learn more at www.policyreporter.com.
About the Team:
We're a team of engaged developers who love building reliable, scalable systems that solve direct customer problems. We're an easy-going team and have found value in being open to learn new technologies and eager to dive into our applications to tackle a wide variety of technical issues.
As a team we are making significant investments into our tech stack by improving our data structure, increasing automation, scalability, and software quality. We have a challenging problem of building a comprehensive database of payer policy data and keeping it up to date.
We are looking for self-directed candidates who are ready to experiment with finding solutions for difficult problems: people who appreciate a challenge, aren't afraid of asking questions, and enjoy working with others. You will be responsible for working with our clients to figure out the best solution, creating time estimates, delivering projects on time, and raising the effectiveness of the technology team.
We expect you've worked with a variety of technologies and through that experience have learned how to pick up new technologies quickly. You're very comfortable with open source technology stacks, understand the benefits of continuous integration and delivery, and advocate for incremental improvement.Qualifications :
- 1-2 years building a variety of web applications.
- Experience working with modern back-end frameworks such as Rails, Zend, Laravel, and Django and/or front-end frameworks like React, VueJS or Angular.
- Writes tests early on and values decoupled easily testable code.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Excellent debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
- Candidate must have good communication skills (written and verbal), and be a fast learner.
- Understanding of common web exploits with knowledge on how to prevent them.
- Experience writing and reading RESTful APIs.
- Comfortable with PostgreSQL or another relational database like MySQL, MariaDB, MS SQL, etc.
Good to have:
- Ability to work effectively with object oriented code and with functional programming styles.
- Experience working with React, webpack and other modern web development tool chains.
- Flexible, positive, and stimulating work environment
- Ability to work remotely
- Balance of autonomy and teamwork
- Opportunities for growth and professional development (professional development financial assistance)
- Work that is challenging but rewarding
- Employee Assistance Program
- Benefits including paid vacation time, paid sick leave, paid volunteer leave and company-paid extended health insurance, employer-matching Group RRSP
Policy Reporter's Core Values:
Value & Respect
Ownership & Accountability
Policy Reporter is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.