Digital Content and Social Media Assistant - Posting # 2022-57
Location: Museum and Archives, Napanee
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week, 9:00am to 5:00pm, (with flexible hours as required)
Salary Range: $48,630.40 to $56,875.00 per year plus a comprehensive benefit package
Closing Date: May 27, 2022
Do you love Museums? Are you a creative storyteller with strong digital capabilities? Can you tell stories large and small, keep a website current, dazzle audiences with interesting social media content? Do you enjoy providing exceptional visitor services?
We are looking for a passionate and creative thinker who will help us expand our social media reach, engage with current and new audiences and promote the Museum of Lennox and Addington's exhibitions, collections, research opportunities, programs and events. An enthusiastic storyteller, you will generate content on our social media platforms as well as assist us with visitor services.
This position aligns with the activities of the Archives and Curatorial departments to further the storytelling objectives of the museum with respect to our collection.
Here are some of the things that will be part of your day-to-day life with us:
· Engage with current and new audiences to promote our offerings and our collection through social media
· Work collaboratively with the Museum team to highlight and ?tell stories? about our programs, exhibits and collection
· Coordinate, build, edit, and distribute email campaigns to support Museum communications
· Develop a social media content calendar and write / edit / design all content for social media, website and print advertising
· Keep our website current and dynamic
· Develop boosted posts and paid advertisements as needed
· Creates, prepares and coordinates distribution of promotional materials related to museum experiences
· Provide visitor services including museum admissions / ticketing, gift shop sales and visitor reception responsibilities
· Oversee facility rentals
· Provide support to the Museum team as required.
· Post-secondary education or equivalent in communications, business, journalism, marketing, museum studies or history
· Experience developing successful digital content and managing social media channels
· Experience working directly with the public, preferably in culture, heritage or hospitality environments
· An understanding of Museum offerings and Museum collections
· Ability to passionately promote the Museum of Lennox and Addington
· Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills and the ability to vary writing styles to meet needs
· Demonstrated interest in local history, museums and heritage arts
· Strong at developing internal and external relationships
· A track record of innovation and creativity.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work independently and confidently.
For more information or to apply, please visit our website at: https://www.lennox-addington.on.ca/index.php/employment
Note: you are able to apply using a mobile phone but we are working on improving the service
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of applicant selection. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Resumes received after the closing date will not be considered.
Please note that accommodations are available upon request to support the participation of persons with disabilities in applying for jobs and during the interview and assessment process. If you require an accommodation, please call the County's Human Resources Department at 613-354-4883 to discuss. We will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $48,630.40-$56,875.00 per year
- Overtime pay
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday