As an equal opportunity employer, the City of Thunder Bay encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
ONTARIO HUMAN RIGHTS CODE: It is a contravention of the Human Rights Code of Ontario to discriminate on the basis of: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, age, record of offences, gender identity or gender expression. Therefore, a resume submitted to the City must not include references to any of the above characteristics. Do not include:
- Any certificates that have photo identification
- Driver's licences
- Police records checks
Note: The above documentation will be requested by the Human Resources & Division should you be the successful applicant. If a Criminal Record Check is required it will be requested by Human Resources should you be the successful applicant. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
ACCOMMODATION: Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for all parts of the recruitment process.
PRIVACY: Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 302, as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment. Questions about this collection of personal information should be directed to the Human Resources & Corporate Safety Division, 125 Syndicate Ave Suite 42, Thunder Bay, Ontario, P7E 6H8, Telephone: 625-3866
Application forms must reference the competition number and be submitted to Human Resources by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date.Job Description :
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Manager - Talent Acquisition & Development, provides consultation services in relation to talent acquisition strategies and programs.
- Provides consultation services in relation to talent acquisition strategies and programs; including sourcing and talent attraction, creating best-in-class candidate experiences, social/digital media recruitment marketing, employment website best practices, employer brand awareness, e-recruiting, and workforce planning and succession planning.
- Consults with hiring supervisors/managers to understand their recruitment/hiring needs/challenges and recommends/designs/implements applicable sourcing strategies and advertising/recruitment campaigns, with greater emphasis on hard to fill positions.
- Researches and recommends enhancements to the Corporation's recruitment, selection and hiring process to enhance the overall candidate experience, build a positive employer reputation, and generate repeat future applications.
- Promotes the Corporation's employer value proposition to engage applicants, acts as an ambassador for the Corporation's brand, and assists with employer brand development.
- Utilizes and coordinates social/digital media recruitment marketing tools to reach target audiences and attract potential candidates.
- Enhances and updates the employment section of the Corporation's external website to promote the City as an employer of choice, promotes job postings as marketing opportunities, and ensures a positive experience to attract candidates.
- Utilizes e-recruitment best practices to source candidates and makes process improvement recommendations to create efficiencies with tracking, attracting, assessing, interviewing and hiring candidates.
- Establishes relationships and liaises with industry organizations, schools, and professional networks, employment-equity related providers and other organizations to create awareness of job opportunities and attract potential candidates; and lead initiatives to find and attract applicants.
- Plans, coordinates and participates in talent attraction industry events and outreach initiatives to grow talent pipelines.
- Develops, enhances and leverages the Corporation's High School Cooperative Education Program, and other placement initiatives/programs as a sourcing strategy to help build future talent pipelines.
- Collaborates with the Supervisor, Talent Acquisition by preparing and coordinating offers of employment for non-union/managerial positions.
- Assists with the development of workforce planning and succession planning initiatives/programs.
- Conducts best practice research and participates in divisional key projects in relation to talent acquisition.
- Performs such other related duties as required.
- Diploma in business, human resources or a related discipline
- Four (4) years' experience in human resources recruitment processes and practices
- Experience with a multi-union, technology driven talent acquisition environment
- Experience sourcing candidates using social/digital media marketing and other unique sourcing strategies
- Experience using a job posting and applicant tracking system
- Exposure to/understanding of leading talent acquisition practices, technology and methodologies in the marketplace
- Demonstrated experience in providing advice to leaders on matters related to talent acquisition
- Superior ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing, with the ability to make presentations to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with administration, union executives, superiors, co-workers, employees, and the general public
- Ability to identify, understand, and meet/exceed the requirements of internal/external customers
- Strong research, planning, organizational and project/time management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills to address and overcome challenges.
- Proven ability to function and contribute as an effective team member and to work independently
- Exceptional relationship-building and collaboration skills
- Well-developed consulting skills
- A self-starter, with a proven ability to operate in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Must be at an intermediate skill level in keyboarding, advanced skill level in word processing & presentation software, and intermediate skill level in spreadsheet software
- Must be competent within the meaning of the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Experience working in a municipal sector and/or union environment
- Knowledge and use of SAP software
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must sign and abide by Employee Confidentiality Statement
- May be required to travel to various work locations and provide own transportation
- Must undergo a successful Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (CRJMC)