Reporting directly to the Manager, Strategic Policy Planning, this role is responsible for providing administrative support for the Planning Department. As the Administrative Assistant, Planning, you will perform the following duties, including but not limited to:
- Respond to general telephone inquiries for the Planning Department and refer technical inquiries to the appropriate individual or Town department.
- Receive, date-stamp, sort and distribute all Department mail.
- Provide back-up support in accepting customer payments as per the fee summaries for the Planning Department
- Schedule and book meetings for Planning Department staff with internal and external clients and consultants.
- Provide support in preparation of mailouts to client groups including legislated notifications, and grant program circulations.
- Assist in the posting of advertisements to newspapers, monitoring placement of the ad and payment of the invoice.
- Prepare purchase orders and accounts payable for approval of payment.
- Book conferences, seminars and training with management approval for Planning Department staff.
- Organize and set up departmental files, physical and electronic, including Heritage Resource, Subdivision, Rezoning, Official Plan Amendment, Site Plan Agreement, Niagara Escarpment Commission Applications, Ontario Land Tribunal appeals, Committee of Adjustment etc. following the Town's Records Retention Bylaw.
- Assist in maintaining an informative and comprehensive service counter that is proactive in providing the public with up-to-date information.
- Photocopy, bind and sell various documents as required; print maps and plans as required.
- Create and complete correspondence as directed.
- Assist technical staff and management with research activities as required.
- Assist the Department in day to day activities including scheduling of meetings, taking phone calls, attending meetings, preparing agendas, recording minutes and handling confidential matters.
- In a back-up role, form part of the team responsible for being the first point of contact for the Planning Department.
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking an enthusiastic professional with a post-secondary degree/diploma in Business Administration or a closely related field. Our ideal candidate has minimum 2 years of administrative experience, computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), and knowledge of AMANDA Software. Municipal experience is considered an asset.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills. We are seeking an individual with superior organizational skills, a demonstrated ability to pay attention to detail, and excellent customer service skills.
The successful candidate for Administrative Assistant, Planning will be required to work a flexible schedule, including in the office, remotely and after hours (as required).
This position offers an hourly rate of $28.58 based on a 35-hour workweek.
Satisfactory passing of a criminal record check, and proof of qualifications will be required of any successful candidate(s) for this position.
New employees who commence employment on or after November 15, 2021 are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as a condition of employment. Being fully vaccinated is determined as the status of having received the full series of approved vaccines (both doses of a two dose vaccine series, one dose of a single dose vaccine series) and any additional doses required and approved by Health Canada and having satisfied the full post vaccination period required to ensure vaccination efficacy. The Town of Caledon reserves the right to request proof of vaccination at any time. Acceptable proof includes an Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 vaccine receipt which you can obtain through the Provincial portal https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/, or other government-issued vaccine passport or certification. The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
The Town is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The Town is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace. If your application requires accommodation, please contact People Services at (905) 584-2272 Ext. 4738.