About the Job
Oakridge Landscape Contractors has an immediate need for a Shop Admin Assistant (Full-time) in Hamilton to join our dynamic team of talented individuals!
Oakridge Group Inc. Established in 1992, our team of trusted professionals strives to accomplish the best outcome for every single one of our clients, every time. With 30 years of experience, we stand firmly behind our work and take immense pride in all of our projects, both big and small. Our focus and client dedication can be seen throughout decades of Oakridge Landscape Contractors' award-winning residential and commercial projects. We have won 9 Landscape Ontario awards in 2021 for our residential and commercial projects.
Shop Admin Assistant
We have an exciting and multi-faceted job opportunity for a candidate with solid organizational and sound computer skills. This role is ideal for a mechanically minded individual, or someone able to learn, and who enjoys interacting with team members throughout our organization.
- Salary $18 - $20/hour.
- Company-paid benefits after 3 months
- Company RRSP system.
- Proactively coordinate and schedule service requirements for vehicles and equipment, including preventive maintenance, safeties, oil changes, repairs, and tire retorques
- Maintain service records/maintenance files in compliance with MTO standards
- Develop and maintain a database identifying when services are due
- Administer GPS system for vehicles and equipment
- Administer driver's electronic logs and inspections
- Transport G class trucks to/from outside service facilities
- Order and pick up parts as required
- Issue purchase orders for parts/outside services and match P.O. to invoice/work order.
- Track parts and materials inventory
- Maintain physical filing and e-filing systems
- Track hours for equipment services
- Provide safety training to maintenance staff as issued by Human Resources.
- Flexible, resourceful, and possesses a positive attitude
- Solid organizational skills
- High attention to detail
- Sound knowledge of MSOffice
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Clean driver's abstract
- Comfort working in a shop office environment
- Familiarity with maintenance shop protocols, trucks or heavy equipment would be an asset.
About Oakridge Landscape Contractors
Oakridge Landscape Contractors specializes in landscape applications for industrial, commercial, institutional, parks, heritage sites, and highway road infrastructure restoration.
Our extensive landscape construction knowledge and installation abilities combined with our team, sub trade relationships and central location allow our company to complete both large and small scale successfully.
About Oakridge Landscape Contractors:
Oakridge Landscape Contractors specializes in landscape applications for industrial, commercial, institutional, parks, heritage sites, and highway road infrastructure restoration. Our extensive landscape construction knowledge and installation abilities combined with our team, sub trade relationships and central location allow our company to complete both large and small scale successfully.