Requisition ID: 36242
Company: Vancouver Public Library
Worksite: Marketing & Communications
You understand how social media works in a business context. You know how to sum up a press release in 240 characters. You know how to match the perfect Instagram image with a library target market. VPL Marketing and Communications is looking for you!
The Vancouver Public Library (VPL) is the third largest public library system in Canada, with 800 staff members offering services at 21 branches across the city. VPL values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly service. Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive, and rewarding workplace.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Manager of Marketing and Communications, the Content Marketing Lead - Digital provides marketing and communications services for the Library, meeting established strategic objectives and service standards. Demonstrates and models conduct that adheres to the Library's policies and procedures in accordance with the Library's vision, mission and values. The incumbent is a member of the Marketing and Communications team who works collaboratively within the team and system-wide to ensure service priorities are met.
The position is involved in the development/creation, planning, implementation, and evaluation of VPL marketing and communications content and campaigns, event marketing and engagement initiatives, internally and externally - with a focus on social media and other public digital channels. Also provides support to media relations activities, community and partner engagement, and the Manager of Marketing and Communications.
Some job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Generally overseeing VPL's social media channels.
- Telling VPL's stories using, digital and social media marketing approaches in support of VPL's strategic objectives, including engaging new/current patrons and supporters, driving attendance for VPL programming and sharing the value of VPL's role in the community.
- Developing, planning and implementing digital marketing and communications campaigns, using a variety of social media and digital vehicles and tools.
- Researching all aspects of VPL's social media channels, both current and future.
- Tracking social media analytics for VPL's channels and providing analysis of social media data.
Creating content for: social media channels, the VPL website and special-purpose microsites in concert with other team members
- University degree or a diploma in marketing, communications or a related discipline.
- Minimum of three years of related experience in a communications and marketing role, preferably coordinating social media for a large organization serving diverse audiences across multiple locations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The position requires highly developed skills in storytelling, writing, marketing, communications and content creation; independent judgement, including a high degree of tact, discretion and diplomacy; creativity and initiative.
- Requires working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, social media platforms operated in a business/professional environment, content management systems, and basic HTML/CSS coding.
- Must have a strong customer service orientation, excellent project management skills and attention to detail.
Affiliation: CUPE 391
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Salary: $34.23 to $40.29 per hour
Monday - Friday: 8:30am - 5:00pm.
Please note: Evenings/weekend work required depending on need.
Note: Work schedules may change with reasonable notice.
Closing date: Monday, May 16th, 2022 at 11:59pm
While the Library thanks you in advance, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
Vancouver Public Library is committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds including Indigenous Peoples, LGBTQ+, all genders, ethnicities, and persons with disabilities. Should you be shortlisted and require an accommodation during the selection process, please provide details to the hiring committee.
Applicants must be prepared to work at any location in the VPL system. As VPL is responsible for the well-being of its patrons, a Police Information Check clearance is a condition of employment. All Vancouver Public Library employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire and ongoing employment. Candidates who are not able to obtain a COVID-19 vaccine for a reason related to a Human Rights Code ground (such as disability) can request an accommodation at any time during the recruitment process. Please refer to our policy for further information. Personal information collected is used in accordance with the BC Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.