The Manager of Marketing and Communications is responsible for the development and implementation of a corporate marketing and communication strategy in support of the City of Woodstock brand, vision and service levels. The Manager will develop and implement marketing and communication plans in support of corporate departments, divisions and initiatives.
The Manager promotes the corporate and community image through print media, digital media, broadcast, video, outdoor and direct marketing. The Manager is responsible for the City web site and corporate social media accounts along with creating all required content.
The Manager will liaise with media and coordinate key messaging and media relations for the corporation.
The Manager will coordinate the marketing and communications from the departments. The Manager will act as the Emergency Information Officer as per the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act and City of Woodstock Emergency Management Plan.
To be considered, applicants must possess the following qualifications:
- Post- Secondary degree or diploma with a focus on Communications, Media Productions and Marketing.
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant experience or equivalent in Communications/Marketing.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills and a proven ability to communicate effectively with all staff levels, City Council and with the media.
- Proficient user of MS Office products,
- Knowledge of graphic design tools including Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to deal tactfully with members of the public and the media.
- Collaborate with City departments to develop and facilitate corporate-wide marketing and communication initiatives that will meet departmental objectives and support corporate organizational strategies.
- Oversee the maintenance of the corporate brand/identity and departmental brands ensuring that the overarching brand standards are communicated and applied consistently and refreshed as needed.
- Oversee and develop corporate communications initiatives including What's on Woodstock Magazine, media releases, advertising, promotional materials, video, and digital communications.
- Coordinate and assist departments in the development of departmental communications including the recreation and leisure guide and annual city services calendar.
- Coordinate and assist affiliated agencies such as the Downtown BIA in the development of communications to its membership and special events.
- Develops methods of communicating issues to stakeholders within the community, utilizing various forms of communication.
- Works closely with the senior management team and department heads to effectively define and achieve the communication goals.
- Coordinates the promotion and advertising needs of various City Departments ensuring that the effective communication systems are in place and managed in a systematic manner.
- Solicits external advertising opportunities in corporate publications as a revenue tool to offset cost of the publications.
- Provides speech writing assistance within the organization.
- Briefs the Mayor and Members of Council for media interviews.
- Develops speaking notes for staff and Council for media interviews.
- Prepares media releases on behalf of Council and/or the organization.
- Provides supervisory and management responsibility for the graphics design and web developer.
- Ensures that all communications meet accessibility requirements working in conjunction with the digital coordinator.
- Performs responsibilities associated with the emergency Information Officer for the City pursuant to the emergency management plan.
- The Manager is responsible for the development and management of the communications budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
In accordance with the City of Woodstock's Covid-19 Vaccination Policy, new employees hired with the City of Woodstock are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to accommodations required in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Compensation $81,295 - $95,641. (under review). A comprehensive benefits package is included.
Resumes and cover letters will be received online at http://careers.cityofwoodstock.ca no later than 4:00 p.m. May 20, 2022.
The City of Woodstock is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all candidates who apply and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $81,295.00-$95,641.00 per year