SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world's most iconic games. Our projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite, projects in the Minecraft Universe, supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena, and more. As one of Vancouver's fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200+ engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
SkyBox Labs is looking for a collaborative and results-driven Talent Acquisition Specialist to recruit and source top talent for our growing game development studio! As a valued member of the combined People & Culture and Talent Acquisition team, you will play a key part in the growth and success of the business by building a robust and diverse talent pipeline for roles across disciplines including software engineering, art, design, operations, production and QA. This is a great opportunity to join a fun and dynamic work environment, with opportunities for ongoing learning and development!
- Leverage advanced sourcing techniques to build a robust and diverse talent pipeline of active and passive candidates through various channels and sources, including (but not limited to) LinkedIn and other social media platforms, networking events, professional job fairs and student career fairs, employee referrals, etc.
- Full-cycle recruitment: gain a deep understanding of our roles through research and thorough intake meetings with hiring managers; create compelling job ads; conduct thorough and effective screening of candidates; plan, facilitate and conduct interviews; negotiate, draft and send out job offers; and assist in creating a stellar onboarding experience for new employees
- Deliver an exceptional candidate experience throughout each stage of the recruitment process
- Partner and develop strong relationships with hiring managers and key stakeholders within the studio
- Analyze and present on key recruitment data and metrics in order to support hiring decisions and improve talent acquisition processes and procedures
- Assist in developing, implementing and maintaining effective talent acquisition, sourcing and recruitment marketing strategies
- Act as a studio ambassador through attendance at various industry events
- Drive and own recruitment-related projects as needed
- 2+ years of experience in a full-cycle recruitment role, either in a corporate or agency setting
- Demonstrated skills in sourcing and attracting talent through LinkedIn Recruiter and other platforms
- Proven success in filling difficult-to-fill roles in a highly competitive market
- A knack for building positive relationships with candidates, hiring managers and other key stakeholders
- Tech-savvy with experience using Applicant Tracking Systems
- Strong analytical skills for analyzing and presenting recruitment data and metrics
- Ability to effectively manage your time, juggle multiple priorities and maintain focus under pressure in order to meet tight deadlines and fulfill extensive hiring demands
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Flexibility to help out where needed in order to achieve our recruitment goals and overall business needs
- A positive attitude and an eagerness to learn and expand your skills!
- Experience working in tech, games, VFX or a related industry
- Experience with employer branding and/or recruitment marketing
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio's success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth.
At SkyBox Labs, you can contribute to industry-leading titles, from legendary AAA franchises to independent IP, without compromising on culture. As a rapidly growing independent company, we maintain a ?small studio' feel with our flat structure, leading with authenticity, and fostering connection.
We relentlessly support your growth and development. From team building through personal interest groups and clubs to studio-wide knowledge sharing through learning lunches, and more formalized programs like SkyBox U, we support our team every step of the way.
One major thing that we're proud of is that we've been able to grow to the studio that we are today while ultimately cultivating an environment of trust and mutual respect where you can thrive. We value our team members' diverse backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and we celebrate them! This is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Work During COVID-19
In order to keep our employees, candidates and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our teams are working from home within Canada, with plans to a return in a hybrid capacity later in 2022. All interviewing, onboarding, and most work will take place remotely for the foreseeable future.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Learn more about us at http : //skyboxlabs.com/
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.