Great Place to Work® Certified
Demand for COBS Bread is unprecedented in this time of need, and we are hiring full time and part time sales team members to help serve our community.
Nothing is more important to us than the health and safety of our staff, franchisees, partners and customers.
We are reinforcing our rigorous standards and operating procedures in order to ensure we are providing the most sanitary and safe environment for our staff and customers.
At COBS Bread, we celebrate fresh. Our Sales Assistants are experts in freshness, and in giving our customers a great in-bakery experience. Right now, we are looking for personable Sales Assistants to share their love of freshness with our loyal customers. No experience necessary- just the right attitude and a willingness to learn.
Thank you for your interest in joining COBS Bread and sharing our renowned fresh baked goods with your community.
Why Work at COBS Bread 17th Avenue?
Our goal is to provide you with the opportunities you need to achieve your goals. Wherever your career takes you, our wish is that the experience you gain at COBS will always be a part of the recipe that makes you, you.
Through development programs that provide you with opportunities to lead teams, and take charge when it comes to production, marketing, and sales, we're invested in offering you the ingredients you need to grow in your career.
While you're here, we're happy to offer unique benefits that make working at COBS Bread that much sweeter.
As a Sales Assistant at COBS Bread 17th Avenue, you will:
- Work as part of a small team, providing an exceptional customer experience, and getting to know your regular, loyal customers
- Be responsible for merchandising product and executing marketing campaigns
- Also work alongside your team to keep the bakery clean, and assist with production as needed. (Yep- you're going to learn how to do some baking! Scones, Danishes, and more!)
What we are looking for in a successful candidate:
- Someone who takes pride in providing a great and personable experience for our customers
- Experience in handling cash, credit card and debit transactions are preferred
- Relevant retail experience is a strong asset
- Positive attitude and friendly demeanour
- Someone who is reliable, self-motivated, and enjoys learning new skills
- A team player who is approachable and likes working with people
- Willingness to mix some dough
- Continuous standing/ walking for all tasks
- Constant use of both hands, and frequent forceful gripping
- Continually operating the POS system
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 7.5 kg., reaching below shoulder level, bending and turning
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 22 kg, pushing, pulling, crouching, bending and reaching above shoulder level
What's in it for you?
- A fun work environment with flexible hours
- Complimentary products on us every shift Career advancement opportunities - abound. Where do you see yourself? Your franchisee/manager has a vested interest in helping you craft your career.
- Our training program - robust and ongoing. Continue to develop your sales and leadership skills through our Bronze and Silver Sales Development Qualification.
- And more, including benefits for all full time employees
If you're interested in celebrating fresh as a Sales Assistant at COBS Bread, please apply with a cover letter and resume today
About COBS Bread
COBS Bread is part of Bakers Delight - an Australian-owned company established in 1980 operating as Bakers Delight in Australia and New Zealand, and as COBS Bread in Canada and the USA. Together we have grown to more than 700 bakeries across Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the USA. The entire network employs over 15,000 people, serving more than 2.1 million customers each week. All of COBS Bread's baked goods are made on the same day they are sold, ensuring that everything is fresh and delightful. Any unsold items are donated daily to various local charities and food banks. The company's success can be attributed to the quality of our product, the development of our people and our warm and friendly customer service.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.