Yukon Convention Bureau
Whitehorse, YTFull Time
May 20th, 2022 4pm PST
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Posting closed: Friday May 20th, 2022 4pm PST
Position Awarded: Friday May 27th
Start Date: Tuesday June 14th, 2022 (or earlier)
Position location - fixed - Whitehorse, YT
- ONLY current Canadian residents will be screened
JOB DESCRIPTION - YCB Sales Manager, Full Time 37.5 hrs/ week
Reporting to the Managing Director, this position is responsible implementing approved sales programs, in order to achieve sales objectives set by the Board of Directors for Yukon meetings and conferences.
- Contribute to the development of and implementation of the YCB sales plan.
- In consultation with the Managing Director develop annual sales objectives and budgets for the various target markets based on direction received from the Board of Directors.
- Manage YCB sales programs as assigned by and in consultation with the Managing Director, in a timely and cost-effective manner including, but not limited to, the following:
- Maintain YCB contact database;
- Contribute to the enhancement of YCB's profile, programs and membership within the community;
- Develop & maintain in-market contacts with members of industry;
- Issue & Manage the Request for Proposals (RFP's) process;
- Prepare and submit bid presentations;
- Source and liaise with potential clients to achieve sales objectives;
- Prepare and conduct ?In-Market? sales trips and events (5-7x per year);
- Co-ordinate member buy in for trade-shows and sales missions;
- Develop and conduct familiarization tours/site inspections as required (3-4/ year);
- Manage and maintain YCB sales and information resources;
- Manage YCBs social media and web site content on a weekly basis;
- Identify sales opportunities on a Yukon level and communicate with the Managing Director to determine follow up and follow through as required;
- Other administrative duties as required.
- Make sales recommendations for annual sales & marketing plans.
- Make operational decisions within the approved objectives and budgets of the various sales programs assigned.
- Meets annual targets for economic impact to Yukon.
- Uphold and abide by the operating policies established by the Board of Directors and the administrative policies established by staff.
- Business or tourism degree along with at least three year's related experience in destination marketing (or equivalency).
- The incumbent must possess excellent interpersonal, communication (oral, written and presentation), organizational, analytical and negotiation skills.
- The incumbent must be capable of working independently.
- The incumbent must also have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Prezi and a strong knowledge of database applications.
- The incumbent must also have a working thorough knowledge of social media, preferably of business accounts.
- Experience in variety of digital and media programs/platforms such as Apple iMovie - to edit/build videos /slideshows /Apple iPhone/Cell phone videos
- microphone adapters
- lighting setups /Prezi /Online Photo converter /Adobe editing /Keynote /Google Meet and ZOOM / REMO/ Pheedloop/ Hublio for virtual events
- Strong knowledge of Yukon and Yukon tourism product.
- Valid Passport and Yukon drivers license required (Class 4 will also be required of the candidate, and can be acquired after hire).
- COVID 19 - Current federal air travel restrictions require travellers to have been fully C19 vaccinated
The Sales Manager reports to the Managing Director.
This position works within a typical non-profit office environment with frequent critical deadlines. There is considerable sales related travel outside Yukon (Canada- Vancouver, Ontario, Alberta, five to seven times during the course of a year). In addition, the incumbent is often required to attend lunch hour and evening meetings. Incumbent must be physically capable of lifting trade show displays, brochure boxes, etc.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Starting annual salary $57,000 - $60,000+, based on experience, with extended health care benefits, 5 personal/sick days per year, and 3 weeks annual vacation to start.
Please submit resume and cover letter via email via Isarta
Attention Alida Munro, Managing Director
Competition Closes: Friday May 20th, 4pm PST
Additional Application Instructions
Only current Canadian residents will be screened for this position.