Reporting to the Manager, Product Marketing, you will lead the go-to-market strategy and marketing plan for Blackline Safety's technology solutions. Working collaboratively with Product Management, Sales, and Marketing, you'll be the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics we need to drive success in sales and marketing to achieve results. You'll be our product evangelist and will play an integral role in organizing product launches.
In this role, you'll understand the market and competitive landscape, and know our buyers better than they know themselves, including how they make their buying decisions. Using market evidence and your expertise, you'll drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels to be successful.
You'll partner with the marketing and sales teams to develop programs that drive adoption and demand. Presenting our value proposition in a way that resonates and articles how we solve buyers' problems.
- Market intelligence - be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy, and their key buying criteria
- Understand the competitive landscape - be an expert on competitive alternatives and how they are positioned
- Develop product positioning and messaging collaboratively with Product Management and Marketing
- Understand and document your buyer's process, including where they get information, and the how, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Drive changes based on this learning.
- Develop marketing and communication plans for our solutions including key activities to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
- Develop the launch plan for new products, releases, and updates and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Identify market themes and act as the primary thought-leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and written content.
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; owning the development of internal and external communications and tools.
- Work with various subject matter experts (PR, Digital, Demand Gen, etc) to ensure our product messages are communicated throughout our content.
Skills, Qualifications, Education
- 8+ years of product marketing experience, with a background in hardware and B2B SaaS software
- Effective communicator with a vision who can bring others along the journey, both internal and external
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to turn data and insights into marketing strategies and message
- Passion for solving customer problems and understanding
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Highly motivated and collaborative working style to ensure cross-functional alignment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Full-time salaried position: compensation to match your experience and talent
- Rapidly growing tech company expanding globally
- Extended Health and Dental benefits, along with a wellness program
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Educational Assistance Program
- Patent Program
- Company stock purchase plan with matching RSP contributions
About Blackline Safety
Blackline Safety is a world leader in developing and manufacturing wirelessly connected safety products. We offer the broadest and most complete portfolio available in the industry. Our products are designed to save lives and we monitor personnel working alone in populated areas, complex indoor facilities, and the remote reaches of our planet. Blackline's products are used to keep people safe in the event of falls, missed check-ins, man-downs, and exposure to explosive or toxic gas. Our design, development, sales, marketing, support, and production are all performed in-house at our headquarters in Calgary, AB. Blackline Safety is a publicly-traded company (TSX: BLN).
Blackline Safety is powered by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity or expression, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on exciting projects!