Oak Valley Health honours the traditional territory of the closest Indigenous communities, the Chippewas (chi-puh-waas) of Georgina Island and the Mississaugas of Scugog Island. The Haudenosaunee (Ho-de-no-shau-nee) and Anishinaabe (Ah-nish-in-ah-beh) have lived, worked and existed on this land from time immemorial. This land is covered by Treaty 13 signed with the Mississaugas of the Credit, and the Williams Treaty signed with many Mississauga and Chippewa bands.
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and the need to strengthen and promote health protection to patients, staff and members of the public attending in the hospital, prior to the first day of employment with the Hospital, all successful
This is a new position created to enable the growth of Markham Stouffville Hospital (MSH) Foundation to drive revenue and maximize public awareness and exposure through optimizing and growing the Foundation's multi-media and digital strategies as part of the Marketing & Communication plan. The Digital Marketing Specialist will support a variety of marketing needs of the Foundation, working cross-functionally and in collaboration with the Hospital's Public Affairs and Communications team to provide an exceptional donor experience and engage the community in innovative and meaningful ways.
Key Results Area:
- Develop and execute integrated digital fundraising plans, including budget management, to support and compliment the fundraising initiatives of the Foundation to increase awareness, fundraising results, donor/lead acquisition, engagement and retention.
- Manage content and design of the Foundation's digital and social media platforms, including leading the strategy and development of separating social media accounts from the Hospital and creating new Foundation specific channels.
- Monitor, post, engage and interact directly with social media audiences to address Foundation inquiries and drive positive sentiment and advocacy by leveraging our social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. This includes live posting, streaming, tracking, scheduling, writing and approvals.
- Manage and curate content for the Foundation website, microsites and peer-to-peer fundraising sites ensuring that all are SEO/SMO optimized.
- Lead the online integration and utilization of Blackbaud Luminate and its content management system to optimize the donor experience and increase giving.
- In collaboration with agency partners, plan and execute all paid, earned, shared and owned digital advertising and awareness opportunities to increase engagement, traffic and increase giving.
- Collaborate with the Foundation team to develop content and maintain the Foundation's digital donor wall to enhance the culture of philanthropy at MSH.
- Lead and coordinate photo and video production and create videos as required to support the virtual and digital communication needs of the organization. This may include using in-house equipment and software or collaborating with vendors on project needs.
- Work collaboratively with the Hospital's Public Affairs and Communications team to identify and coordinate opportunities and maintain the joint Hospital/Foundation social media calendar/strategy to optimize engagement and visibility to support the Foundation's communications, marketing and fundraising objectives.
- Measure, analyze and assess performance of all digital platforms and campaigns, including preparing campaign and impact performance summaries and provide recommendations for continual improvement based on results and ROI.
- Lead the selection process for procuring external vendors on digital projects as necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of industry practices and trends in fundraising, digital communications and consumer trends and provide recommendations for future opportunities.
- Provide support at signature/recognition events, reception backup and other duties as assigned.
- Minimum three to five years' experience in a similar role
- A university degree or college diploma and experience in digital communication/design, marketing or public relations a strong asset
- Demonstrated web design capabilities, including knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately and with discretion while exercising sound judgement
- Demonstrated knowledge of web programs and social media networks including Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn and social media management systems (Sprout Social)
- Strong project management skills with an ability to organize and manage a diverse range of projects and adjust to changing priorities while maintaining high efficiency and thorough attention to detail
- Demonstrates personal commitment, acts with integrity, diplomacy and displays an open and trustworthy attitude. Must be confident, pragmatic and professional
- Resourceful and independent while comfortable working within the framework of an integrated development program and team-oriented environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Premiere, Photoshop) and knowledge of Raiser's Edge a strong asset
- Excellent writing, layout, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Available to work occasional weekends and evening hours
- This position involves some moderate lifting, shipping and handling
- Access to a car, and a valid driver's licence
Compensation: $45,000- 55,000
Who we are:
Oak Valley Health is one of Ontario's leading community healthcare organizations. Across our two sites (Markham and Uxbridge) and Reactivation Care Centre (RCC), we provide high quality, patient-centred care to more than 435,000 patients each year. We offer diagnostic and emergency services and deliver clinical programs in acute care medicine and surgery, addictions and mental health, and childbirth and children's services. We are also proud to be part of the Eastern York Region North Durham Ontario Health Team (OHT).
Our 526 physicians, 28 midwives, 2,400 staff and 1,000 volunteers serve patients and families with an honoured to care mindset and are focused on delivering an extraordinary patient experience to the residents of Markham, Whitchurch-Stouffville, Uxbridge and beyond. We are dedicated to providing access to the right care, at the right time, in the right place by the right people and at the right cost. Are you ready to join us?
Oak Valley Health Diversity Statement
Oak Valley Health takes pride in serving some of Canada's most diverse communities. We are committed to fostering an environment of equity and inclusivity where every person can work and receive care safely, openly and honestly. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital or family status, belief system, or other factors related to one's personal identity and/or values. Furthermore, Oak Valley Health is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources.