At CubicFarms we believe in the power of technology to feed a changing world. We actively seek talented people who want to make a difference in the ag-tech space by bringing creative ideas to life and leaving an imprint in a healthier, more sustainable world. If you are enthusiastic about joining a dynamic and innovative company on the leading edge of the ag-tech revolution, we invite you to apply!
CubicFarms (TSX:CUB) is an ag-tech company providing automated growing systems for fresh produce and nutritious livestock feed. CubicFarms offers turnkey, commercial scale, hydroponic, automated controlled environment growing systems that can grow predictably and sustainably for 12 months of the year virtually anywhere on earth. The company has sold and installed systems in Canada and internationally and continues to grow a global pipeline of prospective customers. Visit us at www.cubicfarms.com.
THE ROLE: TECHNICAL WRITER
As Technical Writer for CubicFarms you will be responsible for producing the first iteration of all customer-facing documentation for all our products. The successful candidate can develop a deep understanding of our products and is able to synthesize and organize complex, technical information; empathize with the end user; and practice the art of good prose style.
This is an opportunity to join a growing team and make a big impact on the company. If you are a meticulous writer with a desire to contribute to the development of the ag-tech industry, we want to hear from you!
YOUR EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Technical Writing, Computer Science, English, or another relevant field.
- Must have at least 1 year of SolidWorks Composer experience.
- 3-5 years proven experience writing technical documentation.
- Adobe products (Illustrator, etc.) a strong asset.
YOUR SKILLS INCLUDE:
- Excellent written and oral communication in English.
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking.
YOUR WORK WILL INCLUDE:
- Collaborate with Engineering and Installation to create and update documentation on new products and upcoming product releases.
- Continuously refine technical product documentation, and write for an audience of Engineers, Growers, and end-users.
- Serve as an administrator for the relevant documentation platforms.
WHAT WE WILL OFFER YOU:
- Remote and/or hybrid work options.
- A fun and supportive work culture.
- Professional growth and development in the produce and ag-tech industry.
- Extended medical benefits.
- Reasonable accommodations for persons with a disability.
- A diverse and inclusive community.
- Satisfaction and pride knowing each day you are working hard to help fight climate change and world food insecurity.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage applications from all qualified and enthusiastic candidates.
CubicFarms is a growing organization in an emerging industry that offers significant potential for advancement in the ag-tech space. We look forward to meeting with you soon!