SERVICE | TRUSTWORTHINESS | QUALITY | INNOVATION | TEAMWORK
Are you service-oriented and passionate about developing and applying innovative environmental management solutions? If you are committed to making our world a better place by providing scientific consulting advice to solve complex problems in today's world, you would fit in well at MEMS. We are a privately owned company looking for individuals who understand the value of collaboration, listening, and critical thinking. If this sounds like the right fit, this is an exciting opportunity for you
About Millennium EMS:
Millennium EMS Solutions (MEMS) is an employee-owned environmental consultancy providing environmental, health and engineering services across western Canada since 1998. We are known for our credibility, integrity, technical competence, and our talented staff. We meet and exceed the needs of our client's projects because we are prepared technically, professionally, and logistically. We are delivery-oriented and deliver superior, cost-effective services.
Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that is looking to develop and provide a platform for the environmental industry. This position requires a highly organized individual to handle multiple tasks and work towards tight development iteration phase deadlines. This position requires advanced knowledge of web design/application principles and tools, as well as data modelling and data analysis. The successful candidate must be motivated with strong interpersonal skills and work in a fast-paced environment. This position also requires the ability to work on cross-function teams in both leadership and member roles.
As an Application Developer, you will be responsible for the development of applications for the collecting, storing and accessing of environmental data for both Millennium's internal use and Millenniums' clients using modern Web and Microsoft development tools and best practices. As an Application Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Design and implement a diverse suite of reliable, high performing and usable web and mobile applications to enhance MEMS' operations and our clients' experience using Agile methodology in all stages of Software Development Lifecycle.
- Breakdown technical designs into development tasks.
- Develop and mange well-functioning databases, applications, and APIs.
- Test, troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software as needed.
o Participate in code reviews.
o Participate in proof of concepts, researching emerging technologies and other research work.
- Work with the development team to create security and data protection protocols and administrative settings.
- Work with data modellers and data analysts (internal and external) to improve software.
o Participate in the design of solutions to business problems.
- Remain organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Communicate and document new processes and procedures resulting from integrated systems management and services changes within the computing environment.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Perform other duties as directed by your supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Related Field
- 5+ years of demonstrated full-stack development experience using software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies including Agile.
- Strong working knowledge of business analysis and requirements gathering.
- Strong knowledge of data modelling, relational database & SQL as well as database design.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Solid understanding of Azure services.
- ASP.NET, .NET core, or .NET 5+
- Entity Framework
- Rest Api
- Experience in the following considered an asset:
o Azure DevOps (Git)
o Domain Driven Design
o SOLID Principles
o React, Angular, Vue.js
o Any other Front/Back-end languages
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting and independently.
- You will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Why Choose MEMS?
MEMS believes in supporting employees in achieving their career goals while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive benefits package including flex benefits for extended health care, dental care, vision, life insurance, short term disability insurance, long term disability insurance, critical illness insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Employee share-ownership plan
- Group RRSP matching plans
- Employee wellness programs
- Career development planning
- Flexible hours
- Compensation for subscription and accreditation fees.
Stay Connected To Us:
- Follow us on LinkedIn and Indeed for the latest job postings and news
Equal Opportunity Statement
MEMS practices equal opportunity and fair hiring practices when filling positions and will hire the most qualified individuals based on their knowledge, skills, abilities and other competencies. MEMS has adopted this philosophy to ensure all employees, and potential candidates are considered for employment opportunities through a consistent, fair and barrier-free approach.
Job Type: Full-time