Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia is currently searching for a Manager, Communications to join our team.
The Manager, Communications will manage the development, implementation, and ongoing administration of communications programs, services, policies, systems, and processes for a range of areas and activities that support Engineers and Geoscientists BC's strategic objectives. The Manager, Communications will lead and mentor a small and close-knit team of communications professionals, and will serve as an internal resource to business leaders.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Managing registrant and public communication across all relevant communications channels.
- Managing the development and execution of communications plans that support organizational strategic priorities and overseeing the production of support material required in the execution of those plans.
- Managing the delivery of communications support for ongoing corporate communications needs.
- Monitoring, evaluating, and making recommendations for the improvement of communications programs and activities.
- Supporting the Director in providing issues management and crisis communications support and counsel to the organization; supporting media relations.
- Managing the editorial process for developing and delivering guidelines and practice advisories to registrants, including overseeing publication production, liaising with staff in other departments, and creating and executing communications plans.
- Managing the production of Engineers and Geoscientists BC's Annual Report, including all content development.
- Developing, managing, reporting on and holding accountability for budget for areas of program responsibility; performing monthly forecasting.
- Managing staff with accountability for hiring, training, and coaching; conducting all aspects of performance management including making recommendations for training and development.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- A Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or a related discipline is required.
- 5-7 years progressive experience in a communications environment, implementing strategy, managing a budget, and managing and developing staff.
- 3-5 years experience creating engaging content for all channels, with a focus on strong writing skills.
- 3-5 years experience working with and providing support to all levels of senior leadership.
- 3-5 years experience in public relations / media relations.
- Experience providing support to or managing a volunteer committee, task force, or similar group is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a professional and collaborative team environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Each member of our team enables us to deliver on our vision to be "the innovative regulatory leader respected by community and governments while striving for professional excellence through engaged and supportive registrants." At Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia we are committed to demonstrating our values of respect, team, integrity, accountability, professionalism, and innovation.
We have a flexible work environment and are committed to employee development. We offer a compensation package that includes a competitive salary, a generous benefits program including a group health program, a group retirement program, generous vacation allowances, and a flex day program that offers compressed workweeks.
WHO ARE WE?
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is proud to be recognized as one of BC's Top Employers.
Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia is the business name of the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of the Province of British Columbia. Engineers and Geoscientists BC regulates and governs these professions under the authority of the Professional Governance Act.
We are charged with protecting the public interest by setting and maintaining high academic, experience, and professional practice standards for over 38,000 registrants. Individuals licensed by Engineers and Geoscientists BC are the only persons permitted by law to undertake and assume responsibility for engineering and geoscience projects in BC.
We are a not-for-profit organization governed by a council of elected registrants, licensees, and government appointees. Council is accountable to the public through the Ministry of the Attorney General, under the Office of the Superintendent of Professional Governance, for both the governance and management of the organization.
To learn more about our work please visit us at https://www.egbc.ca/
Candidates are advised that Engineers and Geoscientists BC has a policy that requires all employees provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in a manner and form that is acceptable to the Organization and to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be permitted to work in-person at the Engineers and Geoscientists BC offices or at any in-person work related meeting or event. Employees who are unable to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 due to a legitimate medical condition or other ground protected by the BC Human Rights Code may request accommodation in relation to the requirements of this policy. All roles within the organization have a requirement to work in person and as such, compliance with this policy is a condition of employment.
Job Type: Full-time