Full Time, Permanent
Location: Toronto, ON
Annual Salary Range: $42,685 - $53,356
Indspire has grown and developed into one of the Top 10 Charities of Impact in Canada, that invests in the education of First Nations, Inuit and Métis people for the long-term benefit of these individuals, their families and communities, and Canada.
Indspire is seeking an Administrative Assistant, reporting to the Vice President of Development. This role will provide administrative support to others in the department. The Administrative Assistant will support annual fundraising events as well as anticipate the priorities of the Vice President and the department.
- Provides administrative support, to the VP, Development
- Provides reception duties for the Toronto office with responsibility to the Chief Operating Officer's Executive Assistant with respect to these functions
- Creates and maintains database information for all corporate, foundation, and institutional supporters, prospects and sponsors. Ensures that all correspondence is copied to the files and key publicly available information about supporters is stored electronically as appropriate, including student thank you letters, photos and videos.
- Supports annual fundraising event, including committee meetings/minutes, updating lists, tracking revenue and expenses, and sending proposals and reports
- Reviews and directs incoming mail and electronic correspondence, telephone calls and initiates or provides responses.
- Processes expense reports, credit card reconciliations, mail, couriers, shipping promotional materials and other administrative/office coordination duties, as directed
- Manages and schedules daily appointments and activities; arranges meetings and business travel. Recognizes priorities and organizes the daily schedule accordingly.
- Reviews and prepares materials for VP's various commitments, in advance of meetings.
- Coordinates and organizes distribution of materials, information and mailing lists, based on established distribution plans
- Prepares agendas, takes/transcribes minutes and follows-up on action required, including weekly sales meetings.
- Operates computers including a variety of desktop applications and corporate systems. Prepares presentation material on various software, including PowerPoint.
- Promotes and delivers excellent customer service.
- Other duties as assigned to ensure the smooth and successful operation of the Development team.
- May handle special projects.
- Completion of post-secondary education, and/or equivalent experience
- Progressive experience with a minimum of 2 years' in a similar environment
- Knowledge of and experience in Indigenous communities preferred
- Demonstrated openness to learning and willingness to engage in cultural competency training
- Effective customer service skills and ability to interact with a variety of people
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel in particular)
- Basic knowledge of contact/customer relationship management databases is a requirement
- Demonstrates good organizational skills with ability to multitask
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates knowledge of office equipment, systems and procedures
- Must be able to work occasional evening and weekends
- Workplace that provides combined flexibility to work from home and in the office
- Competitive Benefits Program & Pension.
- Opportunities and support for professional learning and growth
- Being a part of shaping the future of education for Indigenous people in Canada.
How to Apply
To apply, forward your résumé and cover letter via Isarta. We appreciate your interest, but only qualified applicants that meet the requirements will be contacted.
This position is open until filled.
Indspire is committed to ensuring an equal opportunity recruitment process. Accommodations are available to all applicants upon request. We are committed to providing any accommodations required to ensure a barrier-free process. Please contact us via email at via Isarta, we will work with all applicants to accommodate any accessibility needs.