A Day in YOUR Life as a Sales Coordinator
Every person that enters a hotel should be greeted and feel like a guest! This is YOU on your first day of work and every workday after that. You walk in with a smile, say hello to passing guests, and acknowledge your colleagues perhaps with a smile, nod, or salutation. You already have a feel for how your day is going to unfold based on the flow and noise level in the lobby and you aren't even working yet!
You will be preparing to see how you will tackle the days of prospecting and soliciting new customers and accounts. You always keep in mind that the Sales team has a substantial influence on the profitability of the hotel and that YOUR role is incredibly important. Regardless of the time of day or length of shift, you are ready to meet every guest with exceptional service and care!
You take pride in your job and the hotel. You look for things that need to be corrected and communicate those opportunities through appropriate channels. By the time you leave, you are more than satisfied that your guests are all taken care of and ready to have the best stay possible.
Who you are and why is this important...
- Enthusiastic, Attentive, and Approachable 1. Ensuring our guests and teammates feel comfortable.
- Organized & Communicative 1. Clear, concise communication between team members and guests alike creates a smooth operation.
- Effective Multi-tasker 1. Personal interactions, phones, emails, and ongoing projects are always in play.
What happens behind the scenes of all those interactions...
- You follow company policies such as assisting with responding to inquiries and any other requirements for the processes as outlined by your department leaders;
- Manage inquiries regarding servicing customers, marketing, promotional opportunities, and account qualifying;
- Liaise with the Sales and Catering team, the Reservations and Front Office team, and other departments;
- Build and strengthen relationships with existing and new customers to enable future/repeat bookings;
- Maintain a calm and welcoming demeanor while multitasking to handle guest interactions at the same time as incoming calls and daily tasks;
- Listen respectfully when guests have complaints. Empathize and work with the guest in an efficient manner to come to a resolution or loop in a manager if necessary to ensure the guest has a satisfactory resolution to their complaint;
- Follow all company and brand standards to sell the property and services available including and not limited to using the top-down approach to room reservation sales, up-selling amenities when applicable, and promoting alternate department sales opportunities such as food and beverage. What are we looking for...
- Based in Calgary, AB
- Minimum of 1 year of Sales experience within the hospitality industry
- Some experience in guest/customer service.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts.
- Experience using Windows-based software such as MS Excel. Thank you for your interest in our company.
Thank you for your interest in our company, we hope you apply