- Bachelor's degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, etc.) or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with design systems that work across a product.
- Experience designing apps for Android and iOS.
- A portfolio showing experience designing web and/or mobile applications.
- Experience in designing usable, web-based interfaces for complex internal systems.
- Understanding of clean visual design.
- Effective leadership, communication, and teamwork skills.
At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." Google’s Interaction Designers take complex tasks and make them intuitive and easy-to-use for billions of people around the globe. Throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes—you’ll envision how people will experience our products, and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined, and even magical.
Google User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products. The UX team plays an integral part in gathering insights about the attitudes, emotions, and behaviors of people who use our products to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other and across teams to create industry-leading products that deliver value for the people who use them, and for Google’s businesses.
As an Interaction Designer, you’ll rely on user-centered design methods to craft industry-leading user experiences—from concept to execution. You’ll collaborate with your design partners to leverage and evolve the Google design language to build beautiful, innovative, and inspired products that people love to use.
The Chrome team's goal is to build the world's best browser. We focus on speed, simplicity, security, and stability.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
- Partner closely with other teams and peers to solve complex user problems.
- Help generate feature ideas and own them through launch.
- Create artifacts, prototypes, and specs that enable developers to implement features efficiently.
- Provide patterns, best practices, and guidance on interaction/visual design for different devices.
- Gauge the usability, trustworthiness, and delightfulness of surfaces.