Strathmore is a vibrant, welcoming community that is recognized as a regional hub for business and recreation. Continued investment in recreation facilities, parks projects, commercial revitalization, and community programming provides an exceptional quality of life for our residents and visitors. Strathmore is in southern Alberta on the traditional lands of the Siksika Nation, surrounded by Wheatland County and a short distance east of Calgary.
The Town of Strathmore strives to be a leader in municipal administration and operations. Our team of experienced, engaged professionals deliver a diverse range of services and programs that continue to help us set new milestones for quality of life. Our recently completed Strathmore Municipal Building will bring all Administrative functions under one roof, providing new opportunities for collaboration across the organization.
Reporting to Manager of Communications, Marketing and Economic Development the Summer Events Coordinator will work with the Marketing & Events Coordinator in assessing, planning, and executing 2022 summer events for the Town of Strathmore. As an experienced event coordinator, the successful candidate must be ambitious, creative, and innovative with social media.
Duties will generally include:
- Coordinate Town of Strathmore organized, sponsored, partnered, or supported events
- Assist in the planning of 2022 summer events calendar, and in the pre-planning for these events
- Ensure the safety of all events. This includes the need for alternate plans in case of a change in public health guidelines
- Act as the event coordinator for the Town of Strathmore's Canada Day event
- Ensure that events achieve multiple objectives of Community Engagement, Economic Development, Market Awareness, and Employee Morale
- Coordinate event-related services and general event logistics, including marketing and publicity, facilities/amenities, signage, special needs requests and requirements, event-related marketing collateral
- Create and/or curate interesting images, photos, and videos for highly visual social media platforms
- Complete reports and evaluations of marketing campaigns, events, and social media channels to determine if objectives were met and what improvements could be made in the future
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 18 years of age and Grade 12 education
- 1 year or more of college/university preferred
- Post-secondary education in event planning, marketing, and/or communications an asset
- 2 or more years of related experience in a professional events, marketing, or guest services role.
- Excellent communication skills with strong advocacy, research, development, and analysis skills
- Good computer skills in MS Office
- Valid First Aid and CPR Certification
- Consent to disclosure of a Criminal Record Check (including vulnerable sector)
- Valid Class 5 driver's license
The Town of Strathmore has implemented a Mandatory Vaccination Policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Exemptions are available for those who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground (i.e., medical, religious). The successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or request an exemption as part of the recruitment process.
The work week is typically Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week.
Please submit a cover letter and complete resume of experience and qualifications, quoting Competition TOS2022-21 via Isarta .
This competition will close on Monday May 9, 2022
The Town of Strathmore thanks all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request.
This posting is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job ad is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.